Thread: March Gathering
View Single Post
Old March 25th, 2024, 06:35 AM
⯎ Never Be Alone ⯎

Status: ♢You Dart across the floor♢ Try not to lose your head♢
Bump Policy: Unless I say otherwise, two days.
My Mood: Amused

Default Re: March Gathering

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittycatburmise View Post
Mallowpaw
39/100

The apprentice seemed to jump out of her skin when she approached her. Mallowpaw may not have been the most social cat, but she had nothing on this apprentice. Then she mentioned about not being able to hear her, and Mallowpaw's pelt burned with embarrassment. "Oh, uh, sorry," she mewed and moved to the she-cat's other side.

Her stuttering made it hard to understand her, but Mallowpaw managed to gather that her name was Flashpaw. "My name's Mallowpaw," she offered. She paused as she figured out something to say. Mallowpaw was starting to regret talking to Flashpaw. She would have been content listening to the leaders speak without any distractions. Oh well, it's too late now.

"So how's your training goi-" Mallowpaw's words were cut of as Twilightstar began to speak. She turned, listening intently until she was finished. Maybe it was bad to cut off the conversation, but she couldn't just ignore the leaders. That was the point of gatherings, after all.

Purrks: The Collector
Tags; @/kittycatburmise || OPEN

Flashpaw winced at the molly's awkward look. Maybe she was nervous. It made a lot of cats nervous to speak to her since one, sometimes she struggled to hear them, and two she could barely talk. After a moment of uncomfortable silence, Flashpaw explained, "O-oh. I-It's O-okay. I-I-I sh-shou-should b-be s-sa-saying S-so-so-sorry. I-I-I w-wa-was d-do-doi-doing-doing a ta-tac-tacti-tactic tha-th-that h-he-helps m-my stu-stu-stutter. I-I-It c-ca-calms m-me-me-me dow-down." Okay, not the best sentence. She despised how good and smooth the words came out in her mind, but how silly they sounded out loud. She closed her eyes momentarily. All she had to do was focus. If she focused, she'd be okay. She knew she would. "N-N-N-Ni-Nice t-to-to-to m-me-me-meet y-you M-Ma-M-Mal-EErgh." she growled, then cleared her throat and tried again. "S-S-Sorry. Th-tha-that s-sound m-mess-messes m-me u-up. M-Mal-Mallow-Mallowpaw. N-N-Nice t-to m-me-meet y-ou-you. That-Tha-that's a-a pr-pretty n-na-name." she offered a smile.

This wasn't going well. Flashpaw could sense the discomfort hanging over the pair as they sat, and she gave an awkward little laugh, but choked it back by clearing her throat and shifted her paws. Then, her eyes gazed around the clearing thoughtfully. "Wh-Wh-who's y-yo-your m-me-men-mentor?" she asked politely, unsure of what else to say. Gosh, if only she was Silverlark then she could talk better and more and be more friendly. He was a very good warrior. He seemed to know what to say, unlike she herself... No. She knew what to say in her mind, but her mouth and tongue adamantly refused to give the sounds she wished. She could try, and the floating tactic helped indefinitely, but other than that? No luck. Unfortunately.

"Prepare for the horrors
This night will keep repeating over and over
And over
Until you make it to the end"

The cats are waiting for their toys impatiently