Old October 22nd, 2023, 01:46 PM
live, laugh, love ♛

Bump Policy: 48 Hours
My Mood: Lazy

Default Re: Moonlit Grove

Larkfire
She/Her | The Wraith
Shadow Fiend & Beefed Up (T1) Purrk

Larkfire hadn't meant to.. intrude. She'd come out here purely out of coincidence, to visit Daykit's grave while she had the chance. Maybe she'd even visit Daypaw's grave. She had buried her deceased son right beside the uncle he was named after, after all. In the end, she wound up watching Darkfall in silence, unable to stop the ache that bloomed in her heart. She'd never seen him so lost, so utterly... down.

And she disliked it.

Larkfire was too far away to hear whatever he was saying, to hear whatever was making him weep so, but it didn't sit right with her to just turn and walk away. On quiet, tentative paws, The Wraith slunk over to an empty corner and practically melded with the shadows as she settled down, her head on her paws. She still remained far away enough to give her denmate his privacy, with whatever he was saying.

Eventually, when he was long gone, Larkfire approached the grave in question, mouth pulled down in a frown. Ah. Fallenpaw's grave. She remembered burying them. Sinking down into the spot Darkfall had previously vacated, the lithe grey feline pressed her cheek against the slightly damp dirt, amber hues turning distant for a moment. "I didn't know he missed you that much." She whispered to the wind, feeling like someone had pushed her out of her own body.

She was a fool. Of course Darkfall would miss his sister; it was only natural. Just because Larkfire had terrible luck with siblings didn't mean all had the same. She coiled her tail tightly around herself. "I hadn't realized... I... Your brother does not cry a lot." She admitted after a moment. "Or at least, I've never seen him cry so." She felt guilty, all of a sudden. How much had the dark-furred tom hid from her, and she'd never bothered much to ask after? Was she really that horrible?

With a soft sigh, Larkfire cast her gaze down to the earth again. "I wish you could come back, if it'd really make him happy."

[ @Dark - Darkfall | Eeep, I was gonna have Larkfire walk over and settle down beside him, but I didn't know how to make that work with Darkfall having left at the end of your post. Typed this instead. ]

Lostspark is ShadowClan’s Medicine Cat.