View Single Post
Old April 16th, 2024, 08:30 PM
work is never done

Bump Policy: every 4 days
My Mood: Kingly

Default Re: Morn, Noon, & Night. [P]

[ time does not EXIST therefore this post isn't late at all ]

All these visitors! Wolverine might need to get a new security system at this rate, the amount of invasions this last moon alone was unheard of. He wondered how those who confined him would feel about this, if they realized cats were beginning to seek him once more. It seemed keeping this little bird in good graces was nothing but beneficial when all it cost him was some words.

Sometime between her departure and arrival, a tiny fuzzball had caught his attention. The dark colored kitten had been wandering through the woods alone, mewing for his mother. Wolverine had collected the child - not out of kindness, but because he recognized the dark shadow that laced his steps. It was only when he saw his eyes did he make any sort of connection - a burning amber like Larkrise's.

But this had been different than his meeting with the Howler. He knew this one no longer held a grip on the mortal realm, at least not yet. Perhaps with time... Wolverine wasn't sure what the advantages of having an undead kit minion was, but he was sure he'd figure it out eventually. In the meantime, as Larkrise emerged in his swamp, he permitted Smokekit to scamper over to greet her and aggressively cuddle. Wolverine didn't hear the words, didn't really care to be honest. His attention was on a slightly less familiar form - but familiar no less.

Oh, how the seasons had turned. His last visit with her had been the Starcave.. shortly after his daughter's death. In some ways, he thought her ragged form was more befitting of a leader than even Icestar's had been - the years of leading had taken a visible toll but she remained surefooted as ever. "I didn't think you'd be coming back so soon," he hummed over to Larkrise, rather non-chalant. "But it seems you dropped something on your way out." A hint to the kit she lost, whom was more than happy to shower her in love.

As for Dawnstar.. "Good to see you too darling, it's been a while." If powers permitted, it would've been sooner - but the world was never fair, was it."Oh, we should do this more often. This is exciting." He was aware neither fully knew of his circumstances - the barriers that kept him away - perhaps they'd touch that subject today, but he wouldn't broach it unless they did. ".. Have you not told her about your name?" he prompted to Larkrise, confused by the mention of multiple updates. "Well, my dear Dawnstar, I've given her Larkrise to signify her renewed passion. Do with that what you'd like." Decline it, accept it, didn't matter to him. She'd always be Larkrise to him.

[ @Rose @Undertaker ]

wolfhivewolfhive roleplaystc additional training
deceased charactersroleplay rules