[CENTER][INDENT]Clan Etiquette: lesson #2
Mentor: Sootfur

╔═══*。❅*⋆⍋✧ ✦ ✧⍋⋆*❅。*═══╗
Sootfur (he/him)
Thunderclan ❍ 21 moons
Light grey tabby with silvery-blue eyes
╚═══*。❅*⋆⍋✧ ✦ ✧⍋⋆*❅。*═══╝

Part 3: Patrols

Not much participation was coming from the kits in today's class, he though with a prick of frustration. Was it because he was getting boring? Starclan, I hope they are at least listening to me!

Well, erhm... Now it’s time we move on to another important topic now.”
The muscular gray tabby took a deep breath and stretched his limbs a little bit before continuing, hoping the kits’ attention would last just that bit of time while he rested his voice.
”How to behave during patrols. Well, let’s start from the beginning.” He twitched his whiskers and smiled warmly at the small kits in front of him. They probably already knew what patrols were, but lots of apprentices still managed to make a mess during their first experience with one.

”Whatever patrol you’re participating in, a hunting or a border one, you are expected always to behave respectfully and correctly. For example,” he continued with a look at each one of them, ”always listen to your patrol leader. The cat who’s in charge of the patrol gives orders and instructions, and you are supposed to follow them. Unless, of course, you truly think there might be a reason not to. In that case, you may respectfully question those choices and the whole patrol will talk together about it. Remember-”, and this was important, ”to always keep calm and maintain order. This is probably the most important lesson to remember right now about patrols.”

”Secondly. When you are joining a patrol, you have been trusted by your clan and your leader. It is a honor to be part of it, and even more duty to your clan. Patrols always come with time deadlines.” This might be the most boring part, but even warriors managed to get that wrong as full-grown cats. ”You are expected to depart as soon as you’re ordered to and come back within the definite timeline that the deputy or Keeper has told you. Avoiding to do such will not only bring shame to you and your mentor-” and as he told so, he hardened his gaze a bit more and looked into each one of the kits’ eyes. ”...But it is also a great loss of time and resources for our clan. If our borders are not patrolled regularly, our territory gets taken away. If we don’t hunt properly, our clan will starve. It is every cat’s duty to provide the clan with what the clan needs.”

Was it enough? Did he miss something?
He was sure the kits might have some questions about patrols, so maybe he should stop a little bit and let all those information sink in before continuing. This must be a pretty heavy lesson for them. Maybe too heavy. But I feel it's important that kits get the right amount of information, and...
Maybe he should just go and talk to Bumblestar. There was something pretty weird in the kits' reactions.

”Well, this is it. Your mentors will explain more in detail your duties when you’re going on your first patrol. Any questions, little ones?” He asked with a hint of hope.

»»————- ☀︎︎ ————-««

[ @BEAR. Wolfkit
@jupiter Lotuskit, Fireflykit
@Flaming Ice Ashkit
@Catherine Wildkit ☇
Since the class is no longer required, I'll keep everyone in the lesson even if you do not reply after every explanation. However, if I see that your cat is not interacting with attention and interest I'll consider them out of this class!

Last edited by Wingnettle; June 25th, 2023 at 10:29 AM.