View Single Post
Old December 2nd, 2017, 03:39 PM
✴rewrite the stars✴

My Mood: Fine

Default Re: WindClan Clearing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenie View Post
Bumblepaw gulped as Morningpaw gave him an encouraging look. You should run. He thought, Although Morningpaw was Windclan too. She'd probably catch him. Silently he cursed the gift given to the moor cats. He licked his chest awkwardly trying to act natural with little luck at all. He felt exposed standing in the clearing. Morningpaw started to chatter and Bumblepaw was suddenly taken aback. Usually cats weren't this vocal with him! It was sort of nice to watch her ramble on, and not be pressured to think of something to say.

He nodded as Morningpaw finished, "I'm not scared of Shadowclan." He pause trying to choose his words. "I think I'm more scared of the trees." He remembered the way the needles on the pines enclosed the sky making the forest floor dark. The thought made him shiver. "I'm much more partial to the open moor." Bumblepaw coughed. Now he was sharing his opinion? What was happening? Who was this she-cat? The fluffy tom quickly sat half wanting to get to know this feline more, half still wanting to run for the hills.

He shuddered for a second thinking about adding something onto his previous statement. "I'm not scared of any of the clans. Except Thunderclan. With the approaching battle and all... I'm afraid." He bent his head, ashamed to tell her this. He wasn't sure why he did but there was something very inviting about the way Morningpaw stood next to him that made Bumblepaws maw open and spill words out.
"Oh?" Morningpaw gave the tom a curious look. This was definitely a first, someone being more scared of the trees then the actual moor - when she visited the ShadowClan border, she found herself wondering if she could dart through those trees, like an obstacle course - something that would definitely increase agility, she assumed. Morningpaw's agility could currently use some work. "I'd have to agree with you there. The open moor is by far my favorite place." Like she had been anywhere else. The she cat had a lot of mixed blood in her family, but she was pretty sure that most of her family was either clanborn or born to rogues or loners. There wasn't a lot of kittypet blood, something she was thankful for because she couldn't be teased about it, and something that she was also wishing she had more of. When Bumblepaw continued speaking, and then lowered his head, Morningpaw felt a sting of concern for the younger cat. She was older - she had fought in a battle before, too, the one where they had defeated the Dusk Syndicate. This apprentice clearly hadn't been in a fight for his life before. The golden feline used her tail to try and lift his head back up, a compassionate smile on her features. "Hey... it's not that bad, you know. Just choose your battles carefully and try to remain out of the way of larger cats. There might not even be a battle, Blazingstar and Snowstar are both a lot older and can probably work out their problems without having to go to war." Even though Morningpaw wasn't even sure she believed the words she was saying, she was hoping that Bumblepaw would believe her.

I mentioned on my profile that I was starting over. A fresh start is best for me right now; I've created quite a few new characters, and they will all be on my site, but not all will be used in roleplay right away. it's likely I'll bring them in more gradually.