View Single Post
Old May 11th, 2017, 04:51 PM
I’m full of it

Bump Policy: Every 2 days!
My Mood: Sleepy

Default Re: ShadowClan Territory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar23 View Post
"You-- you, you...I... what?" That had not been the response that she imagined. She had thought he would think of something clever to say, but-- no offense to Scorpionsting-- he wasn't the most clever of cats in her opinion. He was completely and totally average. Why wouldn't he be, after all? He was boring. So then why did she feel like she wanted to be around him now? I'm going crazy, she thought with a nervous chuckle. Yes, that was a logical explanation. She was going crazy. That was the only possible thing that was happening and nothing else. She knew it. Perfect, that was the end of the story... she was fine... she was great.. Redflight wished she knew the real story, though. Oh sure, she had a sneaking suspicion. A stupid crush. Were crushes really that bad? No.

Not at all.

She wanted to just shout it out, just say 'Hey Scorpionsting, I'm crushing on you, okay? Okay. Good. We're cool.' What could possibly go wrong? And... as he should have known by now... she got what she wanted. "Well I hope you're happy, cause guess what all your niceness has done?" She asked, her hues narrowing as though she was about to say something completely horrible to him. "It's made me like you." Wrinkling her muzzle up as though she were talking about something-- or someone-- else entirely. "And guess what else?" The feline leaned in as though she were about to tell him some huge secret. "I'm crushing on you too." It wasn't that big of a deal to her. She'd had crushes before. It was nothing serious. "But, don't worry-- I'm sure it'll go away, nice guy." Oh Redflight.

She didn't seem to understand the balance here.

Scorpionstings opened his mouth for a moment, breathing in what she had said. Like. what exactly did she mean by that? He didn't wanna say a hint stupid so he shut his mouth and swallowed glancing down at his paws. Like?!? Like like or like? Like the company like? Or like as in love like? his brain clouded over with confusion and he took a shaky step backwards shutting his eyes for a moment. He may look stupid but he wasn't planning on changing it. He didn't care. He opened up his eyes again and shook out his tail, than she repeated but with diffrent words. CRUSHING? his whole body went into shock and he whined slightly. Don't whine. Say something! He was mentally shrieking at himself. "Crushing. You mean. Crushing on me?" he meows fumbling over sthe words in his mind, trying to shy away from the negative space. What would, what could I say that would make her mad? Whatever that is just avoid those. Let's um. Act oblivious? No I can't hurt her feelings.

He swallowed hard.

He waved his tail beckoning to the ground where he took a seat. "I. I just. Give me a minute to think. Redflight don't take this the wrong way. Please. I just don't know" was all he could have said in that moment, with his heart aching, with surprise and want. That's all he wanted. Her. What was stopping him from admitting that to her? Was there someone else? Peachpelt?

Go here for general finder or here for kit finder

|| Rabbit || Singepaw || Goosecurl ||

“Avoiding unhappiness is not the road to happiness.”
François Lelord