View Single Post
Old November 16th, 2017, 06:14 PM
My profile has a message!

My Mood: Pensive

Default Re: WindClan Medicine Cat's Den

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero to Hero View Post

Surgestorm strode into his den, focused, and clearly on a mission. He was carrying a bundle of herbs that he had just collected and was determined to sort his entire storage of herbs before he ran out of daylight. In fact, the medicine cat was so focused that he almost didn't see the small Setosekit in his path. His yellow orbs widened in surprised, but he was able to stop himself, just mere inches from stepping on her. "Oh my!" He mewed, his voice high pitched from the small scare he gave himself. "I didn't see you there!" First, bright yellow orbs focused on the small leave she was sniffing, recognizing it be a plain beech leaf. However, he hoped that she hadn't gotten into anything else. His den was a mess of herbs, leave and petals scattered across his floor from the combined efforts of him moving around and a pesky draft that he couldn't seem to pin-point. I really need to clean up around here. The leaves laying around could be bad if a cat consumed them, even though he didn't know a single soul that would eat some random herbs laying around. He tossed his bundle of herbs in the direction of his herb storage, and then took a seat. "What brings you here?" He asked, his standard first question. His gaze swept over her, clearly searching for an injury of some sort.
@Zero to Hero
Setosekit flicked her tail, dabbing at the green leaf with one small, extended claw. As she was withdrawing it, the female stiffened. A draft had swept through, ruffling her fur and bringing with it the scent of another feline. Immediately straitening herself into a more studious posture, the she-cat turned around to see Surgestorm's muzzle a mere whisker-length from her own. Soft orbs widening in surprise Setosekit backed her face away, blinking in a sort of startled way. The momentary thrill of chock of the moment was quickly ebbing away to be replaced with a small touch of worry. Would Surgestorm be angry at her for choosing his den as an exploration site? Pushing aside her thoughts, the kit wrapped her tail around her paws showing, in her own way, a sense of ease and maturity.

"Hello Surgestorm."
Setosekit meowed in her respectful and lightly-toned voice, dipping her small patchy head respectfully. Maybe if she played the game right, moving the pawns with deliberate caution and yet still in a forward movement, she wouldn't get in trouble for poking around in his den. Flicking her amber and black tail at the herbs he had flung in an almost carefree gesture to the place where all the herb scents were wafting from, Setosekit blinked her soft gaze once, curiosity quickly budding in their mysterious depths. She wanted to know what they were, but before that she knew she must answer his question. She didn't want him poking around looking for a nonexistent injury or something. "Curiosity." She meowed in answer to his question. She flashed an adorable, kit-like smile. Kindness and charm could get one far if they knew how to use it. "What was that?"

Even though Setosekit knew she wanted to be a warrior, the duty of a medicine cat still fascinated her. Did Shinfang mind not taking a mate and having kits of his own? How did he really know that StarClan was real? Were the herbs hard to memorize? Had he ever used the wrong one? As these thoughts swirled through her brain, Setosekit's mind began to wander to what her mother said to her when she began to walk the path of asking challenging and almost awkwardly personal questions. Oftentimes, her mother referred to Setosekit as the cat that was killed by curiosity. Not in a cruel way, of course, but just to remind her daughter that too much eagerness to explore could get one in trouble.

Last edited by Undercover; November 18th, 2017 at 04:18 PM.