View Single Post
Old December 12th, 2017, 03:28 PM
Something or Other

My Mood: Doh

Default Re: RiverClan Deputy

Updated 12/15/17
Roleplay Example/ Character Interview

Cloudyfoot whisked himself around under the cover of willows, the chuckle of the nearby river soothing his impatience to catch something. Opening his maw, he scented the air, trying to find any traces of prey that might’ve been left behind. But the normal shuffle of the mice and things in the underbrush, was replaced by an eerie silence. Of course this didn't disturb Cloudyfoot, as leaf-bare was upon the clans once more. But as the scents poured into his jowls, a stricken look crossed his face. Twolegs? In leaf-bare? Cloudyfoot curled his lip, following the scent trail to a small, bright clearing, and his ears flattened, his paws falling quietly on the dried leaves. In the small area that was open to the sky, where wisps of cloud hung, a twoleg covered in a pelt of black that draped until its knees. There was also a small, metallic machine, imitating an eye, that was peering into his soul.
“What in StarClan’s name,” he muttered, all of his fur standing on end at the odd scene. The odd imitation of an eye was just as piercing as a real ones, putting him on edge, and Cloudyfoot guessed that there were more twolegs watching behind it. His amber eyes flickered nervously between the two, his mouth curving into a snarl.
“Oh, Cloudyfoot,” the twoleg cooed, her voice-- was it a her? Well, anyways, its voice was soft and sickly sweet. And at the sound of distinguishable words coming from the twoleg’s mouth, Cloudyfoot leapt into the air, fearing for his sanity.
“Don't worry, dear, you aren't going insane…” the twoleg said as though it were reading the senior warrior’s mind. “I'm just here to ask you a few questions about your occupation is all…” The twoleg had a small piece of wood upon her lap, laden with something white. In its paw, it held a blackened stick. Its eyes blazed with curiosity, making Cloudyfoot weary.
“I don't know if my clan--”
“Here’s the thing-- you're clan won't know!” The twoleg put on a mock expression of shock. Cloudyfoot arched his back in defiance, his claws unsheathing; he didn't like the attitude the twoleg had, as if it were smarter than Cloudyfoot, and he suspected that it was of the same intellect.
“So, first things first, what’s your name?”
“Didn’t you--?”
“Just answer the question!” the twoleg interrupted, clenching its paws tightly. After it settled down, it smoother out its black pelt, gaining its poise once more.
“Cloudyfoot.”
“And your clan, dear?”
“R-riverClan,” Cloudyfoot stumbled over his words, finding it hard to stay composed as the twoleg spoke.
“Age?”
“Forty-three moons.”
“StarClan, you’re old… Now, what is your motive, dear?” The twoleg continued happily, its cheeks rosy from the cold.
Cloudyfoot looked a little crestfallen at the twoleg’s comment; sure he was a senior warrior, but he wasn’t old, at least not an elder! “Motive? For what?”
“To become… Deputy, perhaps future leader of your clan?”
Cloudyfoot’s amber eyes went round, and his fur spiked up in shock. Be the deputy? No, that wasn’t what he wanted… Just because Russetstar retired didn’t mean that Cloudyfoot saw the oppurtunity to take it. Sure, he had started to guess which cat Fallenstar would pick to be his number two, but he never considered himself.
“I’m afraid that I never really considered it,” Cloudyfoot explained quietly, lapping down his ruffled gray tabby pelt.
The twoleg grumbled something about needing more to work with. “Stop being so humble!” it snarled viciously, its face contorted in rage. “Show me your warrior side! Show me that you are not some kit!” Cloudyfoot took a step back, confused by the sudden outburst. “I have been interviewing cats all day and night for this! What makes you any different? Why should any cat respect you?”
Cloudyfoot snarled; why should any cat respect him! He knew that he had earned the respect of all the clans! He had fought, he had bled, he had slaved for RiverClan. What gave this twoleg the right to insult him? The tom tried not to become too angry with the twoleg, as it was just that: a being that was so trivial that it perhaps had no idea that it was messing with the wrong cat. Whatever was going through its mind now, Cloudyfoot didn’t care. He launched himself forward, aiming his claws to land on the black pelt that draped across the twoleg. His claws tore vicously, and he raced up and down the twoleg, clawing until he couldn’t claw anymore. This was for him, RiverClan, and StarClan, and perhaps all the clans in the forest.
When he stepped back, though, huffing in exhaustion, he saw, to his anger, that he did no damage. The twoleg only looked back at him through curious eyes, considering him only for a second before scribbling away at the white piece on the wood.
Snarling, Cloudyfoot aimed one more blow at the mock-eye, sending it crashing to the ground. At the sound of the metallic clunk, Cloudyfoot raced away, vowing to himself that he would never look back, much less step into that clearing ever again.

Name: Cloudyfoot
Gender/Identity: Male
Appearance [Pictures and description please]: In the midst of all of RiverClan, Cloudyfoot is a bit out of the ordinary, with his large, square shoulders, and masculine outline, he is bound to stand out among the sleek frames of the rest of his clan. He is largely considered to be attractive, as his bright amber eyes seem to always be full of curiosity and kindness. Cloudyfoot's coat is short and prickly, with its gray splattering of stripes and markings.
[Ref]-
Personality [2-5 paragraphs please]: A bit awkward , to say the least of Cloudyfoot.
The senior warrior doesn't know how to string words together to create sentences in a one-on-one conversation. Luckily for the tom, when speaking in front of crowds, Cloudyfoot has a gift to speak calmly, clearly, and almost perfectly. Though, of course, no cat is a naturalist at things like that, so what can you expect?
Some may say about Cloudyfoot that he is a born leader, though the truth is that when he was a kit, the large warrior was almost scared of everything. The trait carried along with him while he was an apprentice, though by then, he started to learn how to lead without becoming frightened. So, Cloudyfoot was never a "born leader" like some cats may admit, though he learned through trial and error.
Besides being a confident, awkward tom, Cloudyfoot is actually fairly nice when it comes to Talkings. Though his sentences don't make any sense, a cat who can think through what Cloudyfoot is saying, will find that they are oddly kind.
Being kind, of course, doesn't mean that Cloudyfoot can't get angry, and when he gets convulsed, Cloudyfoot lashes out and down right yowls. The tom can sometimes control his temper, though, even if he is seeing red.
Stuborness is a factor that no one can erase from Cloudyfoot. The trait has been there since he was a bit, not budging under any circstances. The senior warrior is bull-headed and never thinks otherwise of his opinion, even if it is wrong. Cloudyfoot will never change from this, and will always be one of the most stubborn cats in the clans.
Thanks to Cloudyfoot's stubbornness, the tom never lost faith in StarClan. Taught from a young age that StarClan is always the answer to all of his problems, no matter what, he dedicates everything to his ancestors. After his mother passed, Cloudyfoot's belief in the dead cats became stronger, which lead him to the cat he is today.
Plot Ideas[Optional]: I was thinking maybe they were to get into a small died where Fallenstar does something that he doesnt approve of?
Roleplay Sample: Above.
PPD: 1.03
Other Information: Cloudyfoot is very sensitive about his family, as they all either mysteriously disappeared, or died.
Questions?: How was your day?

Last edited by Brunch; December 15th, 2017 at 12:55 PM.