View Single Post
Old December 13th, 2017, 10:29 AM
on an indefinite hiatus

My Mood: Psychedelic

Default Re: RiverClan Deputy

“A river cuts through rock, not because of power but because of persistence."

Hold up Hold up, I’m coming!
Yes, okay, I am here. Perfectly on time as you can see. The sun is right above the river, which means it is exactly sunhigh. And I understand why you brought me here. To question me about why I should be a deputy, right? Well, I have a lot to tell you. First off, my name is Fishpool. I come from a very long line of pure Riverclan cats, all of whom stayed strictly loyal to their clan. Well… sure, I’ve had cousins, aunts and uncles, whom have disobeyed to warrior code, and fallen in love with cats outside of our great clan. But I was lucky enough to be born to my mother and father, who were both Riverclan cats, and strictly loyal to their clan. And it’s not that those who disobey the warrior code are not loyal, I still believe they can prove their loyalty. I just would never do something to disobey the warrior code.
Do you have any questions so far? Or am I just allowed to go on and talk about what I want to? Okay, I will just talk, that is something I am good at. But just in case, I prepared some questions myself, to give this… Conversation more of a professional taste.

Background
To start off, there is more to figure out about me, and more to know, but first you need to understand where I came from. I was born to two lovely cats, my father, Swiftwater, and my mother, Goldengleam. Swiftwater was a loyal, strong, proud Riverclan cat. He made sure he was on time for everything, and that everything went as smooth as the River on a warm Green-Leaf day. He was a well-known warrior, and most she-cats sought after him, for he would be the perfect mate, not only because he was “devilishly handsome” as they called him, but also because he was healthy, and could bear good kits. Goldengleam, on the other hand, was very different than Swiftwater. She was a bubbly, risky cat, always getting into trouble, and messing around with others. While my father was the calm and smooth river, my mother was the rapids, choppy and quick. No cat understood how these two fell in love. The only thing they had in common was that their parents were all Riverclan. Swiftwater had one sister, Minnowblue. He loved his sister, and was very protective of her. Goldengleam on had three brothers, Gingerspark, Orangepelt, and then her brother who died of Greencough as an apprentice, Scorchpaw. Before I was born, Minnowblue fell in love with a Windclan tom, and was expecting kits with him. It wasn’t long before Swiftwater found out what happened, and he was beyond upset. He was angry, sad, but he was also happy that his sister found love. But that happiness went away when Minnowblue died during kit-birth. She left behind 3 healthy kits, though 2 were still-born. Swiftwater gave the kits to a queen to raise, and he acted as the father-figure of them. But Swiftwater’s mother, the very… blunt cat she is, made sure the kits knew that they were half-clan, and that Swifwater was their uncle, not their father. Once Minnowblue’s kits reached apprentice age, that is when I was born. Goldengleam and Swiftwater had tried multiple times to have kits, but Golden was slightly infertile, and so she couldn't have kits easily. But, she finally had the litter of my brother and I. I was named Fishkit, and he was named Silverkit. We had a pretty uneventful kithood, but when we became apprentices, everything changed. Goldengleam’s brother, Orangepelt, had fallen in love with a Shadowclan she-cat, and he decided to leave the clan to go live with her. My mother was devastated, and Swiftwater had always disapproved of Orangepelt, he had been way too loose and easy-going for my father’s taste. But the loss of Orangepelt affected my brother very much. He and Orangepelt were a lot alike, Orange had influenced Silverpaw a lot. Something my father was very unhappy about.
While Silverpaw looked up to Orangepelt, I loved my father. I always found him as such a strong, and amazing warrior, and my mother loved him dearly. But my mother always told me that there was one thing that she didn't like about him. And it was that he didn't seem to show his love. She knew he loved her, but she felt like he was closed off. I asked my father why he seemed this way. He was surprised by my question, but told me it’s because love can cause a cat to do some crazy things. That was when I found out what had happened to his sister. Her three kits were warriors in Riverclan now, and I had always suspected they were part of our family. They looked so much like Silverpaw and I, as Minnowblue and Swiftwater had looked alike as well. The two that looked like their brown-furred father had been still-born, and my father took that as an omen from Starclan that half-clan kits were not meant to be born. He loved his two nephews and niece, but he was hard on them because they were half-clan.
A few moons passed, and when I was an older apprentice, a terrible sickness struck my mother. She had never had any more kits, although she had tried as hard as she could, because she loved kits. But this sickness, unfortunately took her life. And I know what you are thinking. “I'm sorry, that must’ve been so hard.” But please don't say anything. It took me a long time to get through my grief, and still up to this day, eleven moons later, when I think about her… it hurts. She was such a great influence in my life. She always told me I am a lot like my father, but there is no denying that I have her spirit. Speaking of my father, he was completely heartbroken when she died. I had never seen him that sad in my life. He told me that this is why it’s dangerous to fall in love. Because things like this could happen. I told him I knew what love was, I loved her just as much as he had. But he said that a love between a kit and a mother was very different from the love shared between mates.
As the moons went on, my father became very distant from Silverpaw and I. I tried to include him in whenever I could, but he just couldn't seem to be able to even look at us. And that hurt. Because when Goldengleam died, well, it was like I had lost both parents, not just one. His father not being in his life took a big toll on Silverpaw, as he had never felt accepted by Swiftwater. Silverpaw started to spend more time with Gingerspark then with me, and I became abandoned by my own family.
But that is what led me to start working harder, to start proving myself to them. With my mother gone, I was pretty much the only female left in the family, besides my one cousin. But I knew I had to improve the family bond, so I worked as hard as I could to prove myself to my father. All through apprenticeship, I focused on one thing, and one thing only. Being better than all of the others. And I know that sounds very selfish, but at the time, that is what my young mind felt like would help me with my family problems.
But things only got worse.
Both my brother and I earned our warrior names, mine becoming Fishpool and his becoming Silverscorch. Of course, with how my family goes, he ended up falling for a loner she-cat shortly after his warrior ceremony. When I found out what was going on, I was furious. I confronted him on his actions, and he only told me that it is what mom would’ve wanted. I never thought mom would want us to fall in love with a cat from another clan. I always knew she just wanted us to find love someday. One day, I followed Silverscorch out to where he was going to meet the she-cat. Little did he know though, that her overprotective father had followed her. As I was about to go and confront the both of them to try and stop it, her father jumped out at Silverscorch. I leaped in to try and fight him off, but his mate jumped at me, attacking me. I couldn't believe she was protecting the cat that had just attacked her mate. I fought her off, earning a few good scratches in the process. Once I threw her off of me, I ran over to help my brother, who was struggling under the weight of the much larger cat. Silverscorch had always been smaller, with a stature more of our mother’s. I attacked the tomcat, who turned on me, and started attacking me. I was cornered by both Silver’s mate and her father. I thought I was going to die, but thankfully, Swiftwater had been out in the territory, and he heard screeching, so he came to my rescue. We fought the two cats off, but while that had happened, Silverscorch was dying of major injuries. He died, right there, and I felt like another part of my heart broke. Swiftwater was disappointed in me, he told me that I should've known what was going on, and stopped it sooner. And that day was when I really lost my father. He didn't leave, but now, he just doesn't feel like my father anymore.
A moon after Silverscorch died, I was out in the territory and found two small kits mewling in a small nest next to the river. The nest was abandoned, but I recognized the scent immediately. So I took my two nephews into Riverclan, giving them to Gingerspark’s mate to take care of, not telling him whose kits they were. Really only I, and you now, know who the kits truly were. But please don't tell anyone, I have had enough grief and disloyalty in my life. And I don't need anymore.
~~
So, I guess, really, my family isn't the most loyal of cats. There was so many deaths and griefs and disloyalty, that really, you can't call my family pure Riverclan cats at all. I just have always wanted to show my family how much loyalty to your clan can bring you. And I have stayed loyal my whole life, trying to hold my family together. But of course, everything just fell apart. I’ve never really told anyone all of the details of this, so you are getting a treat… I guess?

But away from all that sad, sappy stuff. Now it’s time to tell you more about me. I may have an unstable family, but that doesn't define who I am. I define myself. And yes, I guess that is a bit of my mother’s spirit shining through me. So, let’s get down to some of these questions I have prepared!
~~

Views

~View on Clan~
To start off… I love Riverclan with all of my heart. I know all clans say that theirs is the greatest, but there is something different about Riverclan that makes them more defined than the rest of the clans. We swim. We are not fearful of the water, we trust it enough to sleep near it, to love it, to use it as our food source. I know the river can become very dangerous, the whole clan does. But that defines our strength, as we are not fearful of what the river can do to us. We just live with it, and flow like it. And it’s not just the river that makes out clan different. It’s the cats in the clan. I know we have many warriors, apprentices, kits, elders, queens, cats of all different backgrounds, appearances, families, and personalities. But still, together, we manage to make a clan, a clan that functions and works together. And that alone I think is the most amazing thing about living in a clan, and I am glad I am part of one. Especially Riverclan.

~View on Family~
Family is something that we should all appreciate, and hold dear to us. I know some cats don't like their family, or wonder why they were born to the family they were. And I wonder that often as well, but I still love my family no matter what. Even though they all have their faults, and we aren't really close anymore, I know that we will always hold love for each other. And I know someday, maybe, I can raise my own family, and try to hold it together better than my family was held together. But, having my own family would be sometime way in the future, as I am not ready for anything like that yet. But I am grateful for the family I still have, and even though they don't know it, I watch out for my nephews, hoping that maybe one of them will get apprenticed to me so I can teach him loyalty, and they ways of Riverclan. How to be a loyal Riverclan warrior.

~View on Friends~
Well… Friendships are something hard for me to keep if I am honest. Cats say I come off too strong, and I guess that they really just don't have the patience to get to know me. But it also could be that I do come off too strong. I wouldn't be surprised, I am a very straight-forward cat. I would like to have a few close friends, I feel like that would help me, but it’s just hard for me to connect to any particular cat. So for the time being, I’m fine with being a respected warrior among many.

~View on Love~
I wasn't so sure at first if I wanted to talk about this. But I guess I should. So, I know there are some cats who are afraid of love because of certain events. And, I feel like I should be one of those cats, but really, I am not afraid. Just cautious. The only thing I am afraid about is that I might fall in love with a cat from another clan. And my mom always told me that my heart would always outweigh my head, not matter how hard I tried to fight it. And I’ve accepted that part about me over the years. So, I just fear that my heart might make me betray my clan. I try to make practical decisions, but, well… My mom was right. But if I were able to fall in love, with no boundaries, well, I wouldn't mind falling in love. My mother always told me it was an amazing feeling, and you felt like you were on top of the world. I wouldn't mind feeling that someday. But I want to make sure that it is with the right cat, in the right place, and at the right time. I don't want to get heartbroken. I'm sure I could handle it, But I’ve been heartbroken enough in my life, by my family. But I still have enough love in me for the entire forest. Where my head is constrained by boundaries, my heart reaches out to everyone.

~View on Leadership~
As I said before, I know I am just a warrior among many. And that… well, I don't really deserve special recognition. Especially to lead a clan. But, and i'm not being prideful, I do feel like I would be able to lead a clan well. I am level-headed and know how to keep my calm. But, right now, I am talking about my view, not on how I would lead. That’s later on. Leaders take on a lot of responsibility. Responsibility for the whole clan in fact. They have to watch out for everyone, and make decisions for the whole clan. Leadership would be hard, and tiring. But I respect all leaders for taking on such a large responsibility. I know some cats feel that leaders have too much power, but to them, I want them to just think for a moment. What would you have to do on your own without your leader? You’d have to find a way to keep all of the cats together. You’d have to find a way to enforce rules. You’d have to find a way to keep all of the cats safe, but also be practical in your decision. You’d have to keep peace with the other clans. Would you want to do that all on your own? And with their deputy, a leader can take care of a whole clan, and keep them as safe as they can. And that is what is so great about being a leader. It’s like the entire clan are you kits. And you have to think in a motherly (or fatherly) way to care for them.
~~

Okay, those are all of my views on everything. Now, I guess I need to tell you a bit more about myself. You’ve learned some things, but I need to go more in-depth about it, just so you can get a true feel of my overall character.

All About Fishpool

~Physical Description~
So, to start off, I should probably let you know what I look like. I am a silver-furred molly, a tabby, with thick, darker gray stripes. I have a white muzzle and chest, and my front toes are white, while my back feet are as well. I have very pale, but large, green eyes, and super thick fur, although it is not particularly long, just thick. I am over average size, taking on a more masculine stature, much like my father’s. But I have my mother’s soft, feathery fur and pale green eyes. My feet are wide and meant for swimming in our watery territory, and my ears are longer than usual, and tipped with ear tufts. I have a soft pink nose, and hard gray-pink paw pads. I wouldn't exactly be called “cute”, but I guess some could call me “beautiful.”

~Personality Description~
Okay, unlike some cats, my personality was majorly influenced by both my mother and my father. And those two combined created me into the cat I am now.
To start off, I am a very level-headed cat. I can think practically, taking in the facts that I need, and apply them to the situation. I am also very good at analyzing things, joining my practical side with my observant nature. I’m not too practical though, and know how to use my heart when it comes to that. I try to be as logical as I can, I am kind of scared of following my heart at times, because it can lead to bad things, because I have so much passion, but it is passion that I try to hide. Next there’s my judgement. I like to listen to both sides of an argument, so I can make a fair judgement. Judging is something harsh that all cats seem to do, even if it is subconsciously. And I try my best to not judge a cat by what I see first. I try to get to know the cat first, learn a bit of their story. And because of this, I am able to understand things about others that cats usually wouldn't be able to. Listening is one of my great skills. I might not give the greatest advice, but I can listen very well. And giving advice is different than the judgments I give based on analytical types of problems. I can give practical advice, and I am a very good persuader and arguer, but when it comes to giving emotional advice, well all I can do is pat you on that back and say that I am there to listen to matter what. I like helping others, but when it comes to getting to know me, well, that’s where I falter. I don't like others getting to know me, because then they might figure out how messed up my family is. And, still being a bit selfish in a way, I don't want other cats to know about my past. While I may not judge harshly, and try to get all of the facts before I make a judgement, other cats don't do that very much. And I don't like being judged harshly, I would like others to see me in the best way possible. Because I worked so hard to put my past behind me, and hide it, so that I could look like a well-respected, loyal, Riverclan warrior.
Continuing on… Other than being practical and analytical, I am also a very quick thinker. I can think on my paws, often being able to get out of sticky situations with no backup plan. Or any plan at all. I might seem like the cat to always have a plan, but truth is, I feel like plans are overrated. I would rather give myself lots of room to change according to how things seem to be going. Sure, I go into a situation with a general idea of what I want to come out of it, but there is no real structure. I can seem risky because of this part of me, and I accept that as truth. I’m not risky in most areas, but I do like to have an “illusion of the first time” sort of thing, where I don't expect anything, I just do, and accept what I get out of it.
Now, there are a few more traits I have to discuss. Mainly the traits that come from my father’s influence. While my mother helped me find my passion, and my ability to make good judgements, my dad taught me how to be practical and observant, but I became cold and prideful because of him. Because I don't like others knowing much about me, that can make me seem cold and distant at times. But I always try to “warm myself up” by giving others a smile, or simply trying to make their day better. Then there is when I get prideful. I love my clan, and am very passionate about it. And I work hard as well, and remember to love myself. But of course, I let my head get carried away, and I start acting like a stuck-up snooty sort of cat. Not all the time, but I can become very aggressive when I am in this state. But I am told I always carry an air of “regality” around with me, not exactly like I am acting like I am better than everyone else, but more like I can become better. And with how hard I work to strengthen myself everyday, it’s not surprising to me. I guess you could say that most things about myself don't surprise me, I seem to be able to figure myself out very quick. Lastly, something I have to mention, is that I am blunt. There’s no doubting that I got this trait from my mother. Like her, there isn't a time when I can keep my mouth shut. And a cat like me, well, you would think that I would know when and when not is the right time to say something. But things come out of my mouth and I just can't stop them. That is the spirit that my mother always told me I had. When a part about me just can't be held back no matter how hard I try. But with me being blunt, you will always know that I am being honest. But I can also hurt other cat’s feelings, something that I am not fully aware that I am doing in the moment.
So, you could call me complicated, hard to figure out, or think I’m a simple cat with no real problems. But I know that who I am is who I am, and no other cat is going to define that for me. I might be odd, and different, or I might be the same. But I am my own cat, there are parts about me that no other cat could match, even in the slightest bit. I’ve always wanted to stand out from the crowd, and maybe I have. Maybe I’ve already made my mark on the world. But I also have so much work to do still. I’m very young, and have plenty of moons left in me. There’s a whole lot more about me that I would love to explain, but some things just can't be put into words. Maybe, since you already know so much more about me than I am comfortable with, then I will let you to get to know even more of me. Why not, right?

~Age~
I am around, if I calculate correctly, just shy of twenty-one moons. Still a younger warrior, though I became a warrior around the age of thirteen moons, so I have had about eight moons of warrior experience. And in those eight moons, I have worked my butt off to become as strong as I can be.

~Name Origin~
Truth is, my parents were never the creative type. Goldengleam may have seemed like it, but she couldn't come up with a unique name to save her life. So both me and my brother were named quite generally. We were both named for the silver color of our fur. And while his name was just straight “Silverkit,” I guess I got a little bit more of the creative name. But my parents weren't even able to name me after a specific fish, My father kind of just called out “How about Fishkit?” and the name stuck. Another thing is, that at first, my father thought I was the tomkit, and that Silverkit was the molly. So really, our names should’ve been switched around. I just think it’s a little funny that my father named me thinking that I was a tom, with my masculine structure and all. But to this day, my structure has helped me in more ways than one. And I am proud of it. Then comes my warrior name. I knew they named my brother “Silverscorch” just so he could seem to have some masculinity in him, as my scrawny little brother had always been teased for being such a wimp. But then again, I feel my name was kind of just one of those moments like my dad had. “What about Fishpool?” and I guess, again, the name stuck. Not to be mean or anything, but some cats really lack creativity. Like, why couldn’t I be named something like Fishwillow? For my eyes? Or Fishrapid? For my passion? Or even Fishstripe for my pelt? At least something with a little meaning to it! But, I guess I just have bad luck with names. I could rant on and on about this forever, so lets move on. We have been here a while now, and I don't want to keep you for longer than intended.

~Weaknesses~
Not something that I would want to have. But every cat has their weaknesses, so I will explain mine. I am not the quickest of cats, with my larger stature, I am more strength and bulk than speed. I also am not the best planner, I leap into things more often than I should. I don't like others getting to know me, and I can be closed off, especially to cats of other clans, because I want to look completely loyal to my own clan, so it's hard for me to make any friends outside of my own clan. Though I will be respectful, I wouldn’t consider myself being exactly friendly with them.

~Strengths~
My build makes it easy for me to overpower other cats. I am also an amazing swimmer, with my thick, waterproof coat. It is also hard to get to my skin in battles, because other cat’s claws slip easily through my fur, barely able to graze my skin. I am a very great listener, and I am an amazing public speaker. Words just naturally come to me when I need them, and I am able to persuade, argue, and talk more effectively than most cats. With the practical part of my mind, I am able to analyze facts needed, but with my passion, I am able to appeal to other cats emotion.

~Fears~
Achluophobia-First off, I am afraid of the dark. Sure, cats can find their way around easily in the dark, but I have always been afraid of it. I like to spend as much time as I can outside and in the light, and when it gets dark, well I have to be near someone to feel safe.
Kakorrhaphiophobia-Failure is something that I will not accept. I always try my hardest, and I am afraid that all of my work may have been for nothing. I always want to succeed, and never fail. And when I do fail, well… I get mad at myself, and I beat myself up for not trying my hardest. So failing is something that I fear, and it has a physical and mental effect on my life if it happens.
Mottephobia-A very… unusual fear of mine I would have to say. I have no idea why, but I am very afraid of moths. Afraid to the point that whenever one is around, I have to get away as quickly as I can. Maybe it’s just how small they are, but then again, I am not afraid of any other bug. Moths just freak me out.
~~

Why do you want to be Riverclan’s deputy?
There are a lot of things about me that others do not know. And there are things about myself that even I do not know. But I am simply a warrior who tries her hardest, and I guess the question is, why do I want to be deputy? And why would I make a good deputy? Well, hear me out. And don't take anything I say in a way of pride please, just keep a level mind, and try not to judge too harshly.
First off, I am a natural born conversationalist. Words are where I can really make my mark, and I know that to be a leader of a lot of cats, you have to be able to please them. And having good words to use, and a good way to say them, is always a plus when it comes to keeping cat’s loyalty. The number one cause of a clan dividing amongst itself is a weak leader who can't please both sides. Of course, a leader won't be able to please everycat, but they need to be able to have the know how of pleasing the majority of the clan. Secondly, I am a typically respectful cat, and I know how to keep my cool around other cats, even if they are showing hostility. I am not one to lash out, but I guess I do become very passive aggressive if they start to annoy me. I know how to have a good conversation with other cats, and I try to talk things out before diving right into a battle. I will put all of my clan before myself, even if my life is at risk. This is why I believe I would be a good deputy for Fallenstar.
Now, the reason why I want to be deputy. I guess, really, I just want more recognition in the clan. I have done so much, for my clan, trained hard, and devoted my life to being loyal. But, I also want to lead. I feel like I can make an impact on the forest if I can stand by my leader and give him advice. Most of my desires to be deputy are selfish, I know, but I wouldn't use the rank for bad. I would use it for good, to lift others up and keep the clan together. A reason that I really would not like to admit though, is that becoming deputy might prove to my father that I am not someone to give up on as easily as the rest of our family. That I am someone who keeps trying, and wants to keep the honor in my family. And becoming deputy might help heal my broken family bonds.
~~

It’s getting dark, I apologize that took so long, much longer than I thought it would. But I can tend to start rambling if other cats let me heh heh…. So, I hope you have learned enough about me to consider me as a candidate for Fallenstar’s deputy. I appreciate the time that you have spent with me, so I should probably let you go now. I’ll be off too, I have a few things I need to tend to today before I retire to my nest for the night. So, goodnight, and thank you again.

-Fishpool walks off into the reeds-

~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey! So, that was a little bit about my newest Riverclan kitty, Fishpool. She sure likes to ramble, and so i’m pretty sure you learned plenty about her. But there are some thing that she didn't say about her, so I am going to go through a general, quick description of her, and then talk about some parts of her that she didn't tell you about. But these parts of her… Well… She doesn't exactly know she has these traits. There are some things about Fishpool that she can't seem to figure out herself, but cats on the outside can see.
So here’s a quick walk-through about her!

Name: Fishpool
Orientation: Heteroromantic Heterosexual
Basic Appearance: Thick-furred Silver tabby with a white chest/muzzle and pale green eyes
Personality Traits:
+Passionate | +Good Judgement | +Listens
=Swift thinker | =Observant | =Practical
-Prideful | -Cold | -Blunt

Okay, there is a quick run-down of Fishpool, so now I will tell you a few things about her that she doesn't know about.
~~
To begin with, Fishpool’s passion is more than she says it is. Her passion is the driving force of all of her actions. Even though she tries to put it down, her passion cannot be hid. She shines with a strong spirit from within, one of fire. She is the fire that can withstand the water. And her big heart shows that. Next, Fishpool loves to joke around and be a bit sarcastic when she’s not under any stress or pressure. Around cats that she trusts, Fishpool is not afraid to let back and be loose, but she still has her ears and eyes open for any sign of danger, so she can put her guard back up. She is very good at “roasting” other cats, and she does it without realizing it sometimes when she is trying to make a point. She can roast with facts, and emotion. Lastly, this is something that Fishpool knows she has, but refuses to admit, because she feels like cats won't trust her because of it. Fishpool can read other cats. She’s spent a lot of time around her father as a young cat, and with his thick wall around him, she has learned how to read emotions. With this, Fishpool can tell when cats are trying to manipulate her, and it has happened a lot of times. And this is why she has trust issues. One more thing, it’s about how she views love. She covered most of her view, but there is one more thing. She wants love. She knows she wants to feel what her mother felt for her father, for some lucky tom one day. She is just afraid that the cat she ends up loving might cause others to question her loyalty. And this is why she is very skeptic about that topic.
~~
Thanks for listening to the long rant about Fishpool, my own and hers. I have a few plot ideas that I will PM to you, because I think I have lengthened this out enough. Hope you enjoyed her!!

~||~--------~||~