Thread: Thunderglade
View Single Post
Old March 17th, 2017, 04:32 PM
✴rewrite the stars✴

My Mood: Fine

Default Re: ThunderClan | WindClan Border

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiralTheRival View Post
His tail twitched as Obsidiansky repeated himself again. Yes I know we are fast and agile! He bit back the reply and continued to listen carefully. "Right." He nodded, wondering if he would ever have to actually kill in battle. From what he told me about my mother, she needed to. Quickly he pushed the thought aside, he wasn't like her.

"What kind of blows? And wouldn't that take to long?" He inquired with interest, eyes finally sparking with curiosity instead of hostility. It seemed battle training made Rainpaw more pleasant, or at least it distracted him.

(Sorry for the short post)
Obsidiansky cocked his head to the side as he examined the apprentice. "This will all be explained in battle training. I'll show you exactly what I mean then. Right now, we should move on." He mewed, flicking his tail towards the future borders. Although normally he would have been happy to have this discussion, especially since Rainpaw was showing signs of being a more pleasant cat, he knew that they needed to hurry.

Not hurry so that he wasn't learning anything-- but hurry so that they had time to do these all today. "Sorry. I'm supposed to show you all around today, and if we run out of time-- that's more time that we could be using for hunting or battle training tomorrow. But I will explain tomorrow, I promise." Obsidiansky told the younger tom, using a voice that was so soft and so reassuring it was almost motherly-- though not quite, that would have been strange.

Obsidiansky padded on ahead, waiting for the younger tom to catch up and swallowing slightly. So far the first day of training had been what he would call both a success and a failure; success because it seemed Rainpaw was learning quickly, and he was a brilliant apprentice, and failure because he hadn't gotten anywhere as far as friendship was concerned. And at the rate things were going...well...it was going to be one long, tough, hard road for Obsidiansky and Rainpaw.

I mentioned on my profile that I was starting over. A fresh start is best for me right now; I've created quite a few new characters, and they will all be on my site, but not all will be used in roleplay right away. it's likely I'll bring them in more gradually.