Thread: The Starcave
View Single Post
Old March 29th, 2023, 08:03 AM
eagle sounds

Bump Policy: Whenever
My Mood: Mysterious

Default Re: The Starcave

Thrushstar

He awoke with an odd sensation throughout his body. Everything felt rough and chilly. This dream's climate was unmatched by any other. He opened his eyes and experienced a strange sense of gravity. His gaze was fixed on the ground, which appeared to be covered in stars and was rippled by even the smallest motions. Even though the dream was disorienting, he somehow found it comforting. A celestial cat suddenly appeared in front of him and his vision whirled. It appeared splendid in his eyes. Who was this? He's never seen this cat before. He hoped that he might have run into a familiar face. An acquaintance or family member, but this was just strange. The cat did not express any feelings toward him as he swallowed. He was waiting for something extraordinary to occur, anything that would startle him. He just had a talk with this being. He wouldn't be given any lives, would he? No surprise. Cindersky resigned from her position as leader, but died just some time later. This curse on Thunderclan destroyed everything in its path. As well as why Sparrowstar was so readily captured by twolegs. Oh, how awful. Thunderclan was notorious for vanquishing leaders. He assumed that Starclan was telling him this for that purpose. To stop leaders from easily burning through their lives as a result of their inability to maintain the position they hold. And here he was. In the same way that his other ancestors had, he had the ability to become both that stability and a dead leaf on the ground.

He's only been deputy for roughly two moons. It was alarmingly short, and now he had arrived so easily. He was used to the fact that everything was real by this point. Now known as Thrushstar. That's it; he wouldn't be gaining lives. Until he could prove to Starclan that he could beat all the other leaders and hold that position. He grumbled, the discomfort in here felt suffocating. He experienced a squeeze out of his consciousness from this dream. His hearing caught the prophecy that the cat had mentioned. Weighed down by the storm, the instability will swallow your clan whole. Storm? What storm? What mystery will sweep over my clan? Will I be the one? Or another person? "Wa-" He sensed the dream slipping away as the cat disappeared into nothingness. The dream vanished as he felt himself falling somewhere else. Feeling his soul being pulled dangerously.

Returning to reality after sputtering out of the dream. His entire body twitched. His eyes flickered open to the glaring stone's light. The illumination was now darker than ever. With the stone's chipped edges and cat marks visible. He felt exhausted, as though his remaining vitality had been largely sapped by that dream. He groaned and shook his head. His blurry eyesight was beginning to become clearer. He looked away before blinking and pivoting to face Sundust. Did he know this beforepaw? Thrushfur- No Thrushstar grimaced. He gave a headshake. Just as the loop kept going. He would not gain lives until he proved worthy that he would be able to lead Thunderclan. "Nothing, nothing at all." He quietly hissed. "Just a simple reminder from someone about my lives. But.. I’ll need to have a chat with you about something Sundust. As you are the only cat I can ask that is adept at these sorts of things. The name Thrushstar sounds weird on the tongue." He sighed and got up from his seat. He had a new name. Now he had a name that everyone knew. Thrushstar. His brow furrowed. With his whiskers twitching he flicked his tail beckoning to head back. It was repulsive. Telling him that he couldn’t gain lives? It makes sense why leaders have disappeared so frequently. Thrushstar didn't want to keep his people in the dark about it. But he had to for their own safety. Similar to how any other Thunderclan leader has. Starclan no longer gave a damn about their clan; to them, they were just a circus act. How awful. He had a frown on his face.

He padded out of the Starcave and returned to camp.

[ @BEAR.@daenerys, @carmen, @naiad ]

Last edited by Eaglet; March 29th, 2023 at 01:49 PM.