View Single Post
Old January 17th, 2018, 07:16 PM
✶Stardust's Topaz✶

My Mood: Tired

Default Re: Lion Guard Redux [Private]

Lilliana hummed slightly as Atazi spoke, offering the smallest of smiles as she pushed herself to sit up, her tail curling around her paws as she tilted her head back to look up a the lioness. "It is very nice to meet you as well," She replied smoothly, lowering her head to rasp her tongue over one paw carefully, before lifting the now wet paw and running it down one of her ears, cleaning the dust off from where she'd gotten a little bit messy from lying on her back earlier. She did the same with her other ear, only pausing when Atazi asked if she was special. The cub stopped with her paw hanging in the air, her ice blue eyes meeting Atazi's, almost looking curiously. "Special?" She said slowly, her head tilting slowly to the side and her eyebrows furrowing faintly, before one of them raised. "Well, I suppose I am quite different from other cubs," she said slowly, tail tip brushing against the ground and her calm gaze staying fixed intently on Atazi. "Though I would not quite call myself special."

##

"Alright," Claire said after a moment had passed and Kion remained unresponsive. The cub stretched before padding forward, flicking her tail for Kiara to stay back, and then wrapping her tail around Bunga, pulling the honey badger back. She realized Kion would need some space and quiet to think about what he'd just heard. She understood he wouldn't be as furious as she was. But he most certainly wouldn't be all relaxed and happy about it. So, ignoring Bunga's protests, she continued to pull him back. "Give him some--" She cut off with a low grunt.

Bunga bit down on Claire's tail as hard as possible, a low growl rising in the honey badger's throat. "Screw off! Leave my best friend alone!" He yelled furiously. He didn't trust this lioness. Something about her was completely off and besides that, she had caused Kion to freeze like this, to go completely unresponsive to anything and anyone. Bunga already didn't like her, and he didn't even know her.

"You little pest." Claire hissed. Then without warning, she gave her tail a hard lash, standing Bunga flying into the air. Then she leaped up after him, grabbing the honey badger's scruff between her teeth and landing back on all fours, flinging Bunga easily to the side. She gave her tail a rough flick, luckily not bleeding, before turning back to Bunga. Her cold purple gaze met his. "As I was trying to say, your best friend here needs some space." She said sharply. "So I'd suggest shutting up, sitting back, and giving him some room. He needs to think, idiot." She spat, and Bunga just gave a low growl in response, glaring at her as he quickly stood back up.

Kiara blinked, watching the scene play out, and she decided it was wiser to stay back. So she did, turning her gaze to Kion. She had to note he didn't seem very upset. Well, he seemed upset, but not sad, at the news of the tiger's death. So they had history, but perhaps it wasn't good history? Maybe this Lucifer was just another tiger Kion hated? But it didn't explain his reaction. This seemed different. Not like it was with the others. Her brother looked scared and shocked. Kiara frowned. Alright, I really need to figure this out... She thought, eyebrows furrowing. This is so confusing.

Kion wanted to protest when Claire slung Bunga aside, but he stayed silent, watching carefully. He knew Claire wouldn't hurt Bunga. Not badly, at least. Right now he was just trying to wrap his head around this whole thing. Lucifer was dead. That was impossible. At least, Kion thought so. He'd always seen the saber-tooth tiger as invincible. Immortal. He couldn't die. So how was he dead now? Kion honestly didn't know how he felt. He wanted to feel relieved, he really did, but he just felt hollow. Even more so than usual. Lucifer was dead. Dead. How? How was he dead? How was this possible? What happened? A million questions raced through his head but he didn't try to voice them, his gaze drifting silently down to his paws. Lucifer was dead. What did this mean?

It meant no more looking over his shoulder. It meant no more being afraid of the desert. It meant Lucifer was dead. Lucifer was dead and Kion was free. He'd been free for a long time but now he was really free. Now Lucifer was dead. He couldn't hurt him anymore. He couldn't hurt anyone anymore. But that didn't erase the past. It wouldn't make the nightmares go away and it certainly wouldn't help how he was scared of everyone else, including himself. It wouldn't stop how he would just wait for the day when the pain all came back. When he was chained up again. Helpless again. It wouldn't stop the fear. It wouldn't erase the memories. Kion was free, but he sure as hell didn't feel like it. If anything, somehow, someway, he just felt even more trapped.

When Angels Fall With Broken Wings
I Can't Give Up, I Can't Give In
When All Is Lost And Daylight Ends
I'll Carry You, And We Will Live
Forever...

Profile picture drawn by my lovely girlfriend, Stardust