View Single Post
Old January 17th, 2018, 07:55 PM
✶Stardust's Topaz✶

My Mood: Tired

Default Re: Lion Guard Redux [Private]

"Thank you, Atazi." Lilliana said slowly, tilting her head as she watched Atazi leave the cave. She considered for a brief second, then pushed herself to stand up and shook out her fur, heading out after her. Her ears perked up faintly when she saw what was going on. Her brother and sister, as well as the honey badger Bunga. And an unfamiliar face. Lilliana focused on the lioness, hearing Atazi speak, calling her Claire. Then she heard Atazi mention Lucifer, and paused, her ears pricking even more. Lucifer... And then her whole body tensed, and her ice blue eyes glazed over instantly.

Claire's head snapped up when she heard Atazi, and her eyes narrowed faintly. "Oh. You." She muttered indifferently, giving a dismissive flick of her tail toward the lioness. She didn't hate Atazi, she had no reason to. But she also had no reason to like her, either. See, Claire didn't get close to anybody. She didn't guard herself, she stayed completely open. But the thing was that she didn't care enough about anybody to get close to them. Kion was an exception and even then she wasn't really close to him. They were just allies. Acquaintances. Their relationship was difficult and hard to explain. She was only comfortable around him because she'd known him the longest - They were captured together, forced to be slaves together, and worked side by side for Lucifer. Claire couldn't say the same about Atazi. Personally she felt indifferent toward any other slaves. They mostly couldn't do their job right and just continued to get in trouble. Useless. She did appreciate that Atazi was keeping her distance, however. She gave a low hum when Atazi asked if Lucifer was dead, giving Atazi an intense stare before shrugging. "Yep." She replied, running her tongue over her jaws before looking at Kion. "Eclipse took him down."

"Oh."
Kion's voice was dead quiet, still trying to wrap his head around this, but at least he could speak now. The shock was wearing off and now... Now he just felt numb. His ears were flat to his head, his gaze fixed on his paws, but he reluctantly looked up to look at Claire, meeting her gaze. "So.. So he's..." He trailed off, taking a deep breath. His fur prickled up, tail wrapping silently around his back paws, and his eyes drifted shut. "Dead.." He still seemed to be having such a hard time believing that.

"I'm confused." Bunga declared, but he stayed a safe distance away, looking rather annoyed. His teal gaze fixed on Kion with concern, before he looked at Atazi, eyes seeming to go cold, before he looked over at Claire. "Who's Lucifer?"

"I would like to know that, too."
Kiara admitted, shifting her paws and seeming to shrink down under Claire's cold gaze. Despite the cub being younger, she was fairly intimidating. There was something about her, some fierceness that Kiara couldn't explain. Not like Kion's, but Claire was different. Colder. "What's going on?"

When Angels Fall With Broken Wings
I Can't Give Up, I Can't Give In
When All Is Lost And Daylight Ends
I'll Carry You, And We Will Live
Forever...

Profile picture drawn by my lovely girlfriend, Stardust