View Single Post
Old April 26th, 2024, 08:36 PM
dancing in the moonlight

Bump Policy: 3 days (1 day time sensitive)
My Mood: Yeehaw

Default Re: ShadowClan Territory

starlingstreak

so the kiddo didn’t know what the hunters’ crouch was. oh dear. she shouldn’t have been surprised, she was barely six moons afterall, but uh, how was she supposed to proceed. ah, nevermind. the show must go in. come rain, come sleet, come snow. the show must go on, and so it would. she was a trendsetter, not a dissapointment. she would never disappoint, could never disappoint. and today would be no different.

as the apprentice leaned over to whisper to her sister, starlingstreak smiled.“ah! no worries, dearie! i’ll be teaching the both of ya, then we can head on back, alright?”

“the hunters crouch is a little thing us warriors find important. while hunting, it helps to have a specific stance to use, our ‘hunters crouch.’ it helps with staying quiet and keeping hidden. here i’ll show ya.” she took a few steps back before dropping into the stance, tail hovering above the ground as she took a few steps forward. starling sat up, twitching her tail as though bowing. “now you try. it’s alright if you don’t get it your first try, there’s always later.”

after giving them a chance to test it out, she’d turn back towards the trees, raising her nose to the air. “do you two want to see some hunting in action?” it wasn’t so much a request. they would watch her hunt and they would be impressed. she was wonderful, how could they not? catching the scent of a shrew, she’d pace forward, dropping into a crouch before eventually leaping onto its back. nice. risking a glance backwards to see if the others had seen, she continued onwards, eyes alighting on the plump form of a thrush.

ohoho, it had no idea what was coming for it. (it was starlingstreak. she was going to eat it later. revel in her glory and all that jazz.) this time, the approach was slower, toe-beans moving silently across the ground until she was just close enough to leap onto its back.

returning to the pair with the bird in her mouth, starling grabbed the shrew from the ground. “lets find the others!” the words had become mangled around her prey, falling out in an untelligable spattering of giberish. ah how unfortunate, but an actor did not dwell.

[ @taillow - @Starphobia - @stag - @Eden ]

[ ok so lowkey this got terribly messed up, i’ll be reported it now, but if you all need/want to get one more post out, go for it aha. i’m so sorry ]

that's all folks

unless?

rose stole carmen's identity