View Single Post
Old November 25th, 2016, 03:01 PM
Back from the abyss

Default Re: WindClan Clearing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar23 View Post
Heartkit was almost stunned by what had happened. It seemed to have almost broken her spirit, crushed everything that she knew...it had completely destroyed her. However, her spirits were lifted once more once she spotted Rainkit. A bright grin broke out on her maw and she bounded towards him, hearing his husky voice. "Hey Rainkit!" She called, putting on a cheerful expression. She was good at hiding her generally loudspoken emotions when she wanted to be, and at the moment she was very much involved in making sure that he did not know anything about her fear of the fire. "Are you okay? Your voice sounds a little funny, shouldn't you go see Surgestorm?" She asked, cocking her head to one side as she did so. She definitely felt funny hearing him sound like that...it was weird, and unnatural. So different from his original voice, although it did sound like he had a little bit of a growl, which was pretty cool in her opinion. Although she couldn't deny it was weird, she also couldn't deny that it was cool. Heartkit grinned broadly, a smile plastered firmly on the multicolored kit's maw now. If she was upset, she certainly was hiding it well. "I'm glad the fire's gone...but we've got a new leader now, you know that? What do you think of him?" Heartkit asked. She, personally, didn't really care for Singenight that much...she didn't like his beliefs on StarClan, although she didn't hate him. It was as though the young kit didn't have the ability to hate anybody- she appeared to not have a bad bone in her body.
As soon as Heartkit approached Rainkit narrowed his yellow eyes and studied her. Something was off about her. Was that a fake grin? He had gotten quite well at reading others cats expressions but he could never be too sure. I'm probably just imagining it. "I've already seen Surgestorm, he gave me some catmint but it barely did anything." He scoffed, giving his matted fur a few quick licks. His glowing gaze darted around the camp as Hearkit spoke, drinking in anything unusual. Just because the camp caught fire doesn't mean Rainkit lost any of his suspicions, well it actually doubled them. The trees shook slightly by the frequent push of wind, while dew was every scattered across the ground, leaves, and on nearly every blade of grass. The sky was almost as grey as his pelt, after the intense rainfall the purged the fire it had been rainy for awhile. Like Rainfall I will quench the fire! He thought with a victorious smirk. He clicked back to reality when Heartkit had stopped speaking, she had ended with something about the leader and by the look on her face she was waiting for his response. "Oh right, Singenight." Rainkit tried to clear his voice, obviously not accustomed to the husky sound but it didn't change as he continued, "I don't know much about him but I agree with his thoughts on Starclan. A bunch of dead cats in the sky?" He shook his head, "Until one visits me I don't believe a lick of it." Most kit grew up with their queens or mothers teaching them about Starclan, but as most knew, Rainkit was an orphan, and he was never to quick to believe what any cat told him unless he truly trusted them. "I wonder what rain smells like..." He mumbled unconsciously.