View Single Post
Old January 29th, 2018, 07:24 PM
Sigh...

My Mood: Hopeful

Default Re: StarClan Territory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dust View Post
Like magic, the Starclan warrior seemed to materialize from nothing, her eyes gentle and full of love as she gazed at Shinefang, standing a few tail-lengths away perched upon a small hill. Long strands of lush deep green grass swayed by her paws, parting with each silent step she took towards him. "Greetings, Shinefang." She mumbled softly, dipping her head politely to the medicine cat. All formalities really. The only thing Slatepelt wanted to do was curl up next to her mate, sharing tongues after almost a moon of no contact. After their last talk the spirit was more than anticipating their next visit with each other. With delicate ease, the warrior finally slipped through the foliage and stopped abruptly in front of Shinefang. Extending her muzzle towards the other, she rubbed the side of her face against his cheek, traces of stardust lingering where she had made contact. "What was that about rabbits?" She tilted her head, a mischievously glint in her eye as she finally took a seat in front of him, her tail curling neatly around her paws.
Shinefang couldn't stop his grin as his former mate bowed formally and crept forward to rub her soft face against his. A purr escaped him. She smelled like the woods of Skyclan's old forest home. Alder and cedar. He laughed a little, embarrassed. "Had a dream a couple days ago that I was hunting rabbits in our old home. I got this close to catching the biggest one you ever did see," he meowed, holding his paw in front of his eye to demonstrate the distance. "Can't exactly catch them these days. I tell you Slate, leafbare is murder on my joints." The old tom bent his back and gave a long, luxurious stretch. "Oh yeah," he purred, enjoying his loose and ache-free body. "So what now, Glimmerpelt? Is there some kind of doom and gloom prophecy to share with me or some other such business?" he asked, teasingly. Oh how nice it was too see her. After a moon without her... it wasn't as though he hadn't gone longer but now that he had the chance to see her again, though he'd never admit it, he was beginning to hope his dreams would take him here. He wasn't angry with her anymore. How could he be? She was his Slatepelt.