View Single Post
Old November 29th, 2017, 11:59 AM
cool

My Mood: Adorable

Default Re: Help doing an insane cats personality for my character site

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okapi View Post
Believing a stick is an actual cat and inability to learn I'm pretty sure no one on WCO has (with the first one I do realize it could be believing a doll is real) but inability go learn. And I wasn't being critical, it's just the fact considering his first mentor spent 6 moons teaching him to walk, talk, and is trying to teaching him to know when he needs to eat and drink and make dirt.
to avoid being incredibly offensive, i'd change
- the way you talk about his mental illness. laughing about the 'funny' things someone does as a result of mental illness is extremely inconsiderate and rude.
- saying things like "he should've been killed because he was a danger to himself" is horrible. just don't do it.
- diagnose him with an actual mental illness. misrepresenting mental illnesses is a big problem in all forms of media, and it's exacerbated when the person who suffers from mental illness isn't diagnosed.
- do your research. this is so important and i can't stress this enough. if you don't have a mental illness, you need to actually learn how it works before giving it to one of your characters.