View Single Post
Old October 10th, 2016, 05:39 PM

My Mood: Blah
Default Re: ShadowClan Training Ground

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gusty View Post
(First post! )

@BiblioManiac
Mintpaw padded into the ShadowClan training-place, looking around for his mentor Birdsong. His orbs scanned the area roughly. There was a lack of apprentices training; he was practically the only one here. It must be too early in the morning for all those other lazy apprentices, he thought with a grin. Whereas, I can train more and become a warrior faster.
Cocking his head, the tom couldn't make out his mentor's pelt. Taking a smell of the air confirmed this- Birdsong was not here yet. After all, Mintpaw had arrived at the training grounds early, in an effort to learn.
But it was alright to call out, right? Mintpaw took a deep breath of the cool, crisp air and did so. "Birdsong?" His ears were pricked forwards for the reply.
Birdsong, who had wandered out onto the shadowy territory with a frog, looked up with his dark brown ears tilted forward, recognizing his name being called out from the training grounds. "Mintpaw?" he yelled back, wincing. He hated to be so loud where the prey was, out of instinct. The muscular tom finished his breakfast in a few gulps and heaved himself to his paws with a soft sigh. Despite his name, Birdsong was not an early bird; in fact, he hated mornings with a passion. "I'm coming, hold on," he yowled, though probably not loudly enough to be heard by his apprentice. With that, he broke into a run, but sleep still clung to his fur and limbs, slowing him down. Finally, he arrived in the clearing where Mintpaw's scent was strong, and he slowed.
"Alright, you're insane, but let's get started. Fighting, right?" It wasn't that he didn't like training; he'd at least gotten a hardworking apprentice, even if the long-haired tom was a little bit of a show-off. Birdsong liked his warrior duties, but they left little time for freedom. Oh well, it's just a social life, right? He sighed mentally.