View Single Post
Old December 26th, 2017, 04:32 PM
✴rewrite the stars✴

My Mood: Fine

Default Re: Calia's Garden [Private]

The dark tom questioned (in his head, of course) whether or not the ginger feline really was fine on her own. Still, if she was saying that it was true, it must be - he had never thought the other cat one to lie. Withholding the truth didn't count to Obsidian, although perhaps that was because he had done it so many times himself, it no longer seemed to hold much kick for him. To him, withholding truth was just a way of sparing yourself or someone else from great pain or discomfort, as was lying. He'd never been one to be squeamish when lying was involved. It wasn't like he was a natural-born manipulator; if he could help it, he would refrain from dishonesty and things like that, not because he cared about becoming a thief and liar, but because he found that generally honesty was easier then lying.

Mainly he would just withhold parts of the truth, or leave out the things that were left unasked. "Yeah, that'd be... nice." I'll show you where it is next time I come to visit, he added silently. There was a tinge of sarcasm in the words, but also some sadness. Obsidian knew that he probably wouldn't be coming again - not to visit like this. He might show her where his territory was, just so she wouldn't be worried - not for himself, no, definitely not. He didn't need Calia there, or so he told himself, and as far as he was concerned, he was doing just fine on his own. Jinx was there, yes, but she basically kept to herself most of the time. They had a sort of understanding - which was kind of nice, if he was really thinking about it.

"There's another cat who hangs around sometimes. Her name's Jinx, she's from the Dusk Syndicate too..." Obsidian's voice trailed off before he said anything else. There was some type of a desperate longing for his old home, like a wish that would never be fulfilled. It seemed whatever he touched automatically fell apart. Maybe that was why he was so reluctant to stay near Calia - would she fall apart too, if he touched her? If he decided to stay near her, was she going to collapse and disappear just like everyone else? Jinx would be fine, she was like him; she seemed to be, anyways. He wasn't as afraid. But Calia, she had so much light and life... the tom was so scared it could be taken away.

@AbsurdJinx

I mentioned on my profile that I was starting over. A fresh start is best for me right now; I've created quite a few new characters, and they will all be on my site, but not all will be used in roleplay right away. it's likely I'll bring them in more gradually.