Thread: Haven Springs
View Single Post
Old November 8th, 2021, 12:08 AM
chirps

Default Re: Haven Springs

Event [#event]

[Prior to this: Kestrelstar returned to the Clan to announce he had something exciting to show the rest of the Clan, and a reward for all of their hardwork. Those who wished to join were welcome to follow!]

As Kestrelstar led his Clan through the thick of the territory on a rather well trodden path, he couldn't help but smile. Sure, things could definitely be going better for the leader - memories of his back to back blow outs with Skysplash and Morningpaw still lingered in his mind. But he was beginning to latch onto the moments that made him proud to be RiverClan's leader; his talk with Plumstorm, being able to lean on Snakeheart and Splashleap once more. Slowly but surely, things in RiverClan were returning to normal, and to cement it the leader wanted to take a moment to provide relaxation for RiverClan.

Snaking his way around a few reeds and over scattered pebbles, Kestrelstar came to a halt. Beyond his paws stretched the long journey to Lionsrange, but he wasn't interested in going back out there again. Instead, he took a right and continued through a rather thick patch of foliage. Ducking under a frond, he emerged into a rather spacious outcropping, where the soil turned to pebbly rocks and the steam from a few ponds up ahead mingled with the crisp air. He gave a nod to those behind him to state that it was okay as he gingerly crossed the rotted, moss-covered twoleg bridge, jumping down onto the other side.

Kestrelstar signaled with his tail for the rest of the Clan who had decided to join him to wait where they were as he trekked on ahead, leaping up to one of the more larger stones. "Cats of RiverClan! I want to introduce you to a new section I have claimed for RiverClan's territory: Haven Springs! These pools you see around me are not like those you'll find at Cattail. These are warm, providing extra heat and warmth despite the bone-chilling air leaf-bare usually brings. Take your time slipping into them as they are hot, but once you've warmed up they can be quite relaxing. I want to take the day as a Clan to relax. Share tongues, tell stores, laugh. Recognize how each and every one of you are valuable warriors of RiverClan, and who have pledged their loyalty. I know the past few moons... have been challenging. A lot of that falls on my paws. But today is not about me; today is about celebrating RiverClan and all we have been through."

Kestrelstar paused momentarily to let his gaze sweep the gathered crowd. He hoped that a majority of the Clan had showed up, minus kits and a few queens since this was pretty far outside of camp. He was sure they were getting along just fine back inside the safety of the camp walls what with a majority of the Clan gone.

"Apprentices, you're welcome to create games for each other to play. Warriors, feel free to pass along any skills you have. But for the most part, I want you all to take a moment to breath. You are the best part of RiverClan, and furthermore make me proud to be a leader of such exceptional cats. Now, enjoy the day!"

With that the gray tabby leapt off the large rock towards the middle and weaved his way back into the gathered crowd.

Introducing...

HAVEN SPRINGS!

Home to two natural hot springs that have been claimed by Kestrelstar as part of RiverClan's territory.

This event is open to all Warriors, Apprentices, and Elders! Queens and Kits are required to remain in camp during this event

It is an open event where apprentices can all mingle together and share training progress, warriors can share tongues. Some ideas for your cats to do:

- Set up a game of moss ball
- Recall stories of Clan history
- Share and teach different training techniques
- Relax in the hot springs and just breathe

Every 24 hours I will be making a post with Kestrelstar making his way around and speaking to everyone participating. Those who's characters participate will get a simple headshot* of their character drawn and doodled by yours truly. This is to drum up activity for this new location in RiverClan territory!

This event will run from 11/7/2021 until 11/14/2021. I will be ending it at 11:59pm PST next Sunday!

NO NEED TO MENTION ME OR QUOTE THIS POST!

*Headshot limit one per user. If you have more than one character participating, I will select which character gets the headshot.

Last edited by spade; November 8th, 2021 at 12:29 AM.