View Single Post
Old December 8th, 2017, 09:57 AM
✴rewrite the stars✴

My Mood: Fine

Default Re: WindClan Clearing

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHead View Post

The weak and disloyal huh? Well I'm still here, so what does that mean? Quailpaw wasn't calling herself weak, oh no. The tabby would never do that. But she wasn't the most loyal cat around either. So Singenight probably didn't wipe out every single one of them. But I was just a kit at the time. He wouldn't have known. It was true. No cat could really guess what their kits would grow up to be like. They would only hope that if they taught them correctly, and treated them well, then they would turn out to be like their parents. Not Quailpaw. Quailpaw's father was a loyal and loving cat, and she loved him dearly, but she was not like him. But he was the only cat she was loyal to. And the only cat she loved.

"Yes, Singenight was a great leader. But there could be better." Quailpaw spoke the sentence softly, more speaking to herself than to Mercurykit. She didn't care much for the thought of leadership. To her, a leader should include more cats in the decisions of the clan then just the deputy, medicine cat, and a few senior warriors. But otherwise, the tabby really didn't care. She had no desire to lead a clan. It would be too much work, too much responsibility. She would have to look after the welfare of other cats. And the only welfare Quailpaw looked after was her own.

"Who do you think would make Windclan great again?" A general question, and though Quailpaw didn't care, she was curious of the tom's thoughts. He seemed to have a mindset similar to her own, something that Quailpaw had not found within the clan yet. All of the cats in this clan were little loyal goody-two-shoes to her. Not ferocious warriors.
Quailpaw's words made Mercurykit's ears pick up, even though the tone of her voice made him believe that she was not talking to him. She sounded like she was in her own head, insead of in the present and speaking to him again.The tom's eyes narrowed slightly. He didn't like being ignored, and especially not by some she-cat, but his wishes were currently pushed aside for the good of getting her on his side. Mercurykit knew every good leader had at least a few cats who believed in them. Now, his ambitions to be leader had very slim chances of being true - Blazingstar already had a deputy, for one thing, and while Onyxwhisper looked weak enough to be wiped out, the tom certainly was not. A cat with nine lives (for Mercurykit didn't know that Blazingstar had lost any yet) was more likely to survive a battle then a cat with one.

As far as the tom could tell, there was a flaw somewhere along the line of the Clan cats protecting the leader. "And tell me, Quailpaw, who do you believe would make WindClan great again?" He asked, his voice just as smooth and calm as before, but this time there was a glint of curiousity in his optics. He truly was curious to know what her opinion on who could make WindClan great again was, but at the same time there was a sting of offense. Thrushflight had told him stories of Singenight, and his time as leader, and even Caramelblood had chipped in a few stories here and there when he had been around. The smaller tom honestly hadn't been around a whole lot. Quailpaw seemed to have been reading his own thoughts, because her question followed his mental process fairly closely.

"I think my father would be a fair choice. Or anyone who is willing to put their all into the Clan, I would say. Someone who is not easily sidetracked and drawn into petty arguments." His eyes flashed with anger as he spoke. The current tension between ThunderClan and WindClan seemed pretty petty to him. It made him angry, thinking that grown cats could be acting like such kits! But eventually it would be alright... he just had to believe that, and hopefully it really would. Someone would rise up and take control again, and then WindClan would once more be a Clan to remember. A Clan to be feared.

I mentioned on my profile that I was starting over. A fresh start is best for me right now; I've created quite a few new characters, and they will all be on my site, but not all will be used in roleplay right away. it's likely I'll bring them in more gradually.

Last edited by BEAR.; January 17th, 2018 at 08:50 PM.