My Mood: Yeehaw

Default Re: RiverClan Nursery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marigoldwhisper View Post

Marigoldkit
She\Kit\RC
"Keep your head up! You need to look at the world around you!"

· · ─────── ·· ─────── ·

"Hey, don't mention it!" She smiled a smile full of mouse meat before turning away to hungrilly gulp down the rest of her meal. It was nice to know that someone else was willing to talk to her. Another friend perhaps? Oh yes! She'd love another one, that would be amazing. At least then she'd have someone to talk to or tackle during a playfight (though it seems she wont be having one of those in a longgg time.)

"Jayfrost..." Marigoldkit repeated to no one but herself. It was a nice name honestly, a name that also reflected the toms appearance. She glanced very quickly at the warrior before looking back at what remained of her mouse. Okay, she was right! He certainly looked like a "jayfrost".

Marigoldkit slowly very slowly lifted herself to her paws. It was a lot easier to do now but sitting up to quickly still resulted it a stupidity inconvenient headache. It was almost impressive how her own body was able to keep her down like this. How she longed to run and play but she couldn't. Not yet. She relaxed herself into a pleasant sit and she made an effort to groom her thickening fur.

She was genuinely surprised by how long it has gotten and how thick it was growing to be. She paused mid-lick to gawk at herself. Sure, patches where still as this as ever but some were stating to thicken. A flash of victory shown in her hazel eyes.

Kits? Goldfish? Goodness, she really needed to get out more. "Really? That's exciting! I wonder what they'll look like. Probably better than be right now, ha!" The small cat barked a laugh.

(He's just like me for real /hj)

minor cw for not so nice thoughts, negative self image, potentially gross descriptions, disordered eating implied kinda ??

->> jayfrost <<-
[ he/him | rc warrior | 26moons | burn baby burn ]
a tall, skinny, silver classic-tabby with well groomed short to medium length fur and icy blue eyes

he shook his head dismissively at the self deprecating comment but decided to not press it, "maybe goldfish will come around soon so you can see for yourself but she's orange and black, and pepperbounce, her mate, is white so it gotta be one of these colours i guess." he speculated. there hadnt been a lot of thoughts about the patterns and colours his friends kits could be in his mind, his focus had more so been on comforting goldfish and trying to not get annoyed at pepperbounce again while awaiting the kitting. but now that he was considering it, there ought to be some sort of system on how kits got their colours, he should know best, being almost a carbon copy of his father and also wanting to tear the fur from his skin for exactly the same reason. however, after the past moons, the scars and dwindling hunger in addition to his reconnection with garlicfeather he felt a bit better about himself, no longer the perfect replica of his scar-free, hateful father. still, he couldnt let go of what he couldve had, who he couldve had and who would never be his again because he had every right to hate him and garlicfeather even just talking to him seemed like a miracle.
he pulled one of the small jay feathers he had tucked back into his fur and placed it between them. after being stuck in camp for so long and halfheartedly mourning the loss of his old set of feathers he had gotten around to wandering the territory and actually came across some and it made him feel just a tiny bit less alone. he hadnt seen adderpaw in forever and the feathers he had collected himself were smaller, more curved and a bit more fluffy than the ones she had gifted him but it was close enough.
"im going to be here a bunch to look after golds kits so i hereby attempt to buy your friendship" he gave the kit a smile and wink to accompany his obviously joking tone and pushed the feather towards her.

"i wish things were different, but it werent us who changed."

━━━━━━━━
my bios | rooks requirements