View Single Post
Old March 29th, 2018, 06:20 PM
Dragon Tamer

My Mood: Fine

Default Re: SkyClan Territory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryder View Post
Countless minutes ticked by where the young apprentice worked towards perfecting his techniques with the help of that simple tree branch. He was striving to impress his mentor and maybe even win over his own approval in the process as he leaped over that piece of wood over and over and over again while mentally going over what he did wrong and what he could improve the next time that he went forward. Tinyfawn seemed pleased with his ways of practice so far, which made him have a clear smile of accomplishment already. Shadepaw was going to do his very best as her student and make sure that he was an apprentice that she could look back on and be proud of when he became a warrior. The black-furred tomcat clearly was getting ahead of himself though and went back to focusing on the task at paw. He wanted to get stronger, faster, smarter and just more skilled than he was before. His dream was to be a warrior that cats could count on, a cat that Tinyfawn and Flaxkit could trust - a true member of Skyclan that they could welcome as one of them. The last thing he wanted was for cats to look at him with pity and sympathy because of his disabilities. No, he wanted to be looked at as a proud, strong cat among Skyclan members. With Tinyfawn’s training and his best friend’s encouragement, Shadepaw knew that he could do it as long as his own self-doubt didn’t get the best of him. He turned swiftly on his paws in the softened grass, facing the sizeable tree branch that beckoned him forward to go again. He exhaled a low breath and narrowed his eyes, placing his paws in the correct positions and straightening out his tail. A few seconds passed before he sprinted forward through the small clearing in the forest before leaping through the air and soaring over the branch and landing in the grass. His claws slid out of his paws to grab hold of the blades of grass to land safe and secure. The small apprentice had done it. - a perfect leap. His confidence soared and the male believed that he was ready to show his mentor that he had improved. Shadepaw turned his head to his mentor and blinked, silently signaling to her that he was ready to try and leap over her now. He wanted to let her know beforehand and not just do it blindly, that would be both childish and unwise, especially if he were to mess up and hurt either or both of them in the process of it all.
Tinyfawn did not once lose her patience. She knew that Shadepaw was the time of apprentice to keep practicing until he finally got it right. She admired his determination and perseverance at his age. Most apprentices would pout and give up but not Shadepaw. She could only hope that he'd always be that way. She watched him over and over again, watching his improvement over time. Finally, the apprentice leaped over the branch in a fluid and smooth motion. She nodded to herself, smiling slightly as he finally did it. The molly regained her composure when the black-furred apprentice turned towards her, the confidence fresh in his eyes. She waited no time nodding to him, letting him know that he can go ahead. Tinyfawn knew if she waited that confidence would slowly begin to dwindle and he wouldn't be able to trust himself that he could do it again, that perfect leap. Once he perfected leaping over her and not hurting either of them, she'd train him on figuring out the best way or most comfortable way for him to get up and down the trees safely.

If I do not reply PLEASE mention me again or PM me or VM me~!