Thread: Sunkissed Creek
View Single Post
Old April 23rd, 2020, 02:38 AM
i am kenough

Default Re: Sunkissed Creek

It was a peaceful evening to be out alone at least. It wasn't yet warm enough for the greenleaf insects who droned on throughout the night, but the air was just chilled enough, and there was very little breeze. The sound of the water filled the area, and the forest surrounding the she-cat drowned out any other noises save for the occasional owl or far off dog. It was truly something worth risking a little bit of trouble for.

But her solitude does not last for long. No, it never would, she reckoned. Lifting her head, she turns to look at Ravenspirit. Her icy eyes flash in the thin light of the crescent moon above, her expression unreadable. She'd heard... Sounds, on her way out here. But she'd been foolish enough to brush them off. With a sigh the cat looks away again, instead watching the creek. She didn't wish to answer, to destroy the quiet song she'd become so wrapped up in. But he did make the effort, so she should at least put in some of her own too.

"That attack from ShadowClan..." she begins. "I know Duskstar got information before it came, but we were still so unprepared. I... I had practiced fighting once with Flintspirit, but it wasn't enough." Plumpaw hesitates to continue then, her usually strong voice faltering. "Everything happened so fast. I felt powerless to help. It was like that patrol all over again. Watching somebody die, doing nothing that could possibly save their life. I'd lost. And we lost again, to ShadowClan."

@Shimm