Ni Ni

Bump Policy: Every 48 hours
My Mood: Sleepy

Default Re: December Gathering

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallulah View Post

Quillpaw
She/her | 7 moons | Silk Spinner
She was thankful that the cat she had accidentally bumped into was nice, and it seemed like her first gathering too. "You got that right," Quillpaw nodded as she glanced around, taking all of the different sights and smells. Lots more cats than she was used to, that was for sure. "I'm surprised everyone gathers here, 'specially with the weather 'n how uppity it can be. Like a bucking horse in a wooden stall." She... wasn't entire sure what that meant, but she'd heard Ma and Pa say it often when talking about the weather when they had traveled.

Ibispaw. So she had 'paw at the end of her name, too. That likely meant she was training just like Quill was. "Kit is what the youngers are called, right? Until they get up to trainin' like you and me?" It made sense. No one had ever really explained the names to her in much detail when she had joined. For a moment the WindClan apprentice had a thoughtful look on her face before shrugging. "Quill is just fine. Don't see why I can't go by it still." It didn't seem against that... code or whatever it had been that Peachfrost had showed her before her exile from the Clan.

"Former outsider, that's right! Used to travel all over - here 'n there. 'Cept when we'd find good shelter - that could be difficult." Taking a seat next to the apprentice, Quillpaw tilted her head in curiosity. "You smell different from all the others I live with. There's three other Clans. Which one of 'em are you from?" Distinguishing between scents was not something Quill was equipped to do much of, but she could at least tell Ibispaw smelled different.

An ear flicked as it seemed the cats on the stones were starting their announcements. A big, burly brown tabby with more scars than she had ever seen went first, then a smaller and paler she-cat with claw mark scars on her face. Twilightstar and Fallownose seemed to be dealing with something regarding the claw-mark-face gal and the white tom that sat on the rock underneath her. Quill didn't have much interest in whatever was going on and instead looked back to Ibispaw with a smile.

Ibispaw | Shadowclan Apprentice | she/her | 25/100

Her attention went up toward the leaders sitting on the rocks as their announcements started. A smile appeared on her maw at Quill's words; she had a funny way of speaking. Not in a bad sense. It was interesting, in no way similar to how the other cats in the clans spoke, at least no others she had heard. So when her gaze landed back on Quillpaw, she nodded, "Yeah, no matter the weather, we always seem to gather every moon from what I've been told. That sounds nice. Imagine all the friends you could make outside your normal circle." Not all cats were friendly, but those would be worth the trip.

The question surprised Ibispaw momentarily: had yet to explain how the naming worked to the other? A nod came in response, "Yeah, the younger ones, before six moons, are kits. Those of us that are training are 'paws." Gesturing around them with her paw before finishing, "The rest of the cats have different endings to their names. Well, except leaders." Her little rant on the naming system seemed finally over, having mentioned all she could think of. "Quill it is then. It's already nice like that anyway." Quill instead of Quillpaw.

She knew outsiders joined the clans often, but most of the time, she had heard of them being on their own more often than not. She tilted her head, a questioning look resting on her features, "We'd?" She enquired, "Did you travel in a group?" She supposed it would be safer than Quill being on her own. Ibispaw hummed, nodding at Quill's statement, "Shadowclan, Dawnstar's clan, the scarred tabby up there." Even as a cat in Shadowclan, Dawnstar was still quite intimidating.

With announcements over and to Ibispaw's disappointment, the clans seemed to be departing. She wanted to stay and talk with this new friend more but knew that certainly wouldn't be possible since Dawnstar had already called them to leave. With a deep breath, she turned back towards Quill, "Seems we should be heading out." She hesitated and considered her options. Many could consider the idea that floated to her mind risky. But her smile returned as she looked towards Quill, "Since we're already leaving, and I think you're a grand company, there is a border that our clans share." Her voice was a whisper, eyes fixed on Quill, "Why don't we meet there? Tomorrow, or whatever time is most convenient for you." She waited for an answer, a bit of mischief dancing with excitement in her eyes.

After waiting a few moments, with or without an answer, Ibispaw murmured a goodbye to her new pal and headed after her clan.

"I am out with lanterns
looking for myself"