View Single Post
Old November 21st, 2017, 10:18 PM
Mama Dust

Bump Policy: 12-24 hours!
My Mood: Relaxed

Default Re: The Starcave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmer View Post
One of the old tom's shredded ears, "I suppose I can't argue there." Starclan may be made up of greedy foxhearts who only knew taking, but they were powerful alright. Tentatively, he let her twine his tail with his. Shinefang had lived a full life as a warrior. He had fought and provided for his clan, he'd seen leader's come and go. It was strange to see his life beginning again in a sense. He supposed he should be thankful. Not many cats got to live two lives. But he would have traded it all for just one life with Slatepelt. Even now as she sat beside him, pressed against his fur, as nice as it felt, he couldn't let her in. He couldn't bring himself to feel the freeing, unguarded love that he'd felt before. Some part of him wailed for that unquestioned love, but he couldn't. Not yet at least. Maybe not ever. He had hurt too long and too intensely and used anger as a healing balm until he had gone numb. But even so...perhaps he could just stay here with her a little longer. "So what happens now? Do I see a vision or does Daypaw just wake up and declare me a certified medicine cat? And if your twinkly friends have advise about this Thunderclan and Windclan foxdung, that would be nice too."
Focusing on the ceremony for a short moment, Slatepelt rested her gaze on Shinefang once more. There would never be enough time for her to rebuild her relationship with the medicine cat, at least not while he was alive. Ignoring the remorse that settled in the pit of her stomach, the Starclan warrior tentatively rose to her paws and pulled away from Shinefang. She stood in place for a brief moment, eyes closed as she inhaled the cool air. "You are Skyclan's medicine cat now, whether Daydream tells you otherwise. I imagine you two should get along well." She teased gently, her eyes softening as she turned to look back at him. "You will know when Starclan comes to you. Do your best to serve your clan... and you could learn a thing or two from your fellow medicine cats." She chuckled, her opaque form beginning to fade into a transparent grey. It was time for him to leave, to wake up and return to the living world. "I'll see you again." Her words echoed, the promise lingering in the still air as she faded completely from vision.

Cherryswirl | Go With The Flow [Active]

CharactersArt ShopDeviantart

[Profile Icon] [Slowpoke Sprite]

Last edited by Dust; November 21st, 2017 at 10:19 PM.