Old January 23rd, 2024, 12:58 AM
Just A Fossil

Bump Policy: 3 days
My Mood: Spooky

Default Re: Moonlit Grove

[Hawkbite]
Enforcer Commander
Shadow Fiend | Just a Scratch | Agatha Kitty

He'd stare at the fallen star below them now, positioned so sweetly. A forever slumber, if you will. Hawkbite took a moment to inhale sharply, letting the cold air sting his lungs as Silverlark began his small speech. It was lovely, even if Hawkbite couldn't express that in the moment. He appreciated his friend for being there. Next to Vixensnarl, this was his toughest loss thus far.

He went rigid.

That cut deep.

Nothing in Hawkbite's broken soul could've prepared him for the words that left Silverlark's mouth right then. Sorrowful eyes shot at the younger cat. Hawkbite's body wasn't sure whether to snap at him or embrace him. Did this younger cat really think that highly of him? Think so kindly of he and Starry's relationship?

His body decided for him. Tears streamed down the Commanders face, though no sound escaped him as he just let his paws guide him towards Silverlark. Silent sobs escaped him further as he pressed his face into his friend's shoulder. Was this the only way he could show his appreciation? Dampening his friends shoulder with tears? Would Silverlark be okay with this? In the moment, it didn't matter.

--

It was a couple minutes before Hawkbite would be able to turn towards the grave once more. His paws numbly beginning to pile the dirt in. His throat felt tight, unable to breathe out the words he wanted to say.

It was only once they were done filling the hole, that Hawkbite would sit down. Without looking towards Silverlark, his grief-stricken tone would break their silence. "Thank you for everything. I don't think I could've done this by myself. . . and your words. . ." he had to pause as he raised a paw to swipe it over his tearful eye. "They were beautiful. Described her how I always had. You're a great friend."

@Alchemist Kitsune

[Characters]

I'M A TOTAL TRASH MAMMAL