View Single Post
Old October 12th, 2017, 05:42 PM
all that i’ll ever need

Default Re: ShadowClan Clearing

Quote:
Originally Posted by ✨Blue Wishes✨ View Post

Goldenstar almost jumped in surprise as he saw the she-cat, however, he managed to calm himself down, and smile. “Yes, I was actually,” he said warmly. Her eyes were just like his-two different colors. That’s what he had found intriguing about the She-Cat in the first place. You didn’t see cats with two different eyes very often, but, well, sometimes it happened. Either way, he pushed that away, a cat wasn’t just based on their appearance after all, there were many things under that. “So...do you want any advice?” He asked cautiously. There could be two different responses, maybe three. One was she would refuse it, two was she would ask for some, three was she wouldn’t really know if she needed help. Either way, he was preparing a response for all three, waiting to see what the She-Cat said for the time being.
Halfgaze noticed some surprise in the leader and wondered with amusement if she'd accidentally sneaked up on him. Goldenstar seemed rather put together, despite his moment of surprise, and answered her question with a warm statement of affirmation to which she simply nodded. The tortoiseshell wasn't terribly sure if she should say anything, but deciding that the nod was enough, Halfgaze waited for Goldenstar to address his business. His one golden eye, the source of his warrior name, caught her attention and she couldn't help but smile. As a younger cat, she had been very self conscious about her odd eyes - one blue, the other green - but then, when she was still a new warrior, Goldenstar had been appointed deputy. Seeing another cat with odd eyes in a position of authority had lifted Halfgaze's self-esteem, though she still had the split face. Both her eyes and dual-colored face were a sensitive topic for the feline. Now that she was deputy, Halfgaze felt a sort of kinship with the tom, who had a similar condition to her own. At Goldenstar's words, Halfgaze nodded seriously, all business. "Actually, yes," she answered, "I don't have questions as much as a general feeling like I'm doing this wrong. Is that how it was for you?" As she finished speaking, a question occurred to her and Halfgaze added, "Also, I don't feel as though I have much authority over my fellow warriors, since I was one of them only a few short days ago. How can I earn their respect and still do my duties without acting patronizing or condescending?"