View Single Post
Old December 2nd, 2017, 09:37 AM
Sigh...

My Mood: Hopeful

Default Re: SkyClan Medicine Cat's Den

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empress Of Evil View Post

Anyone who was good with emotions would be able to tell that there was doubt in her words. She wanted to sound like she had faith, but his reason just wasn't enough for her to genuinely feel like he would be the perfect fit for the job. Leaf-bare was approaching and she knew that she would have to be grateful for whatever help the clan was given, but it was harder for her then it sounded. Did she truly believe he'd do a good job? No. Was she trying to? Yes. At least she was trying. Hopefully the tom would prove her wrong though and be one of the finest medicine cat's amongst the clans.
"Maybe you should," Auroraflame said boldly. She could tell that there was a tension growing between them. She could tell that the tom didn't mean what he said, and he was starting to get onto her nerves, even though he hadn't said that much yet. She could tell that this conversation was going downhill. She unsheathed her claws and dug them into the dirt. He was starting to give her a little bit of attitude, so she might as well return the favour. She didn't like the way he was speaking to her, and he probably didn't like the way she was speaking either. Well, it was the kind of thing that she did. To treat others the way that they treated her.
"It is," she said curtly. Things had changed very quickly. They had both sensed the tension between them and they were both not liking it. And so, they were also reacting to it in the same way. This was the part where she put her wall up and did her best not to smile. That might be hard though, since she smiled very easily, even if she were sobbing or fuming, she would smile if something funny happened, though it could disappear just as quickly. She remove her claws from the dirt and quickly brushed the dirt off with her paws. She could clean them properly later. By now, the deputy probably should've left to avoid making things worse, but she stayed for some reason. Maybe it was because she wanted to hear what the tom had to say in response. Yes, that sounded accurate enough.
Shinefang had been a warrior first. He knew when another cat had their claws out. His eye darted down to see the black-furred shecat, claws digging into the earth of his den, then looked up at he and met her eyes with his one. A deputy clawing up an elderly medicine cat in his own den because he was rude to you? I'm sure that will go over great for you, he said on the inside as he stared her down. When she sheathed his claws, he hummed in agreement. It could have easily been his seconding her affirmation of Skyclan's greatness, but really it was his way of saying, 'that's what I thought. He was unsure why she was sticking around at this point. It was obvious this conversation had become a lot less friendly in the last few moments and normally that was enough to drive another cat off, but if she wanted to keep talking, he'd keep talking. "Enough about me and my budding mossball prowess, though. What's going on with Auroraflame? I'd like to hear a little more about you?" said the old tom, gently pushing the rest of the rabbit to the side and folding one forepaw over the other like a kit waiting to hear a nursery tail.