View Single Post
Old February 13th, 2018, 07:54 PM
whats up danger?

My Mood: Kingly

Default Re: SkyClan Medicine Cat's Den

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmer View Post
Shinefang nodded. "Guess I did something right then. Although I used comfrey and broom for the poultice instead. I'll check out this bindweed you were talking about later. For now, how about we move on to those herb dosages you mentioned." Shinefang returned to his herb wall then, her shredded ears pricked, and a small twinge of amusement lifting his aching spirit as he found himself suddenly taken back to his apprentice days when he was first learning to be a warrior, identifying scents on his mentor's command and learning all about the warrior code. He was awfully old to be an apprentice again.
"Well, for dosages it can be complicated with any herb." they started, their tail tapping on the ground in thought,"With something more minor, like cuts or scrapes, poppyseeds arent needed at all. its with more major things like a broken leg, a head trauma, and so on. the more serious the injury though, th eless poppyseeds you want to give them, but enough to still make it feel painless. you still want the body to be aware of what its doing and not to slow down too much, you know?" they explained. they could really talk about herbs all day if they wanted to, and they could. it felt weird training someone older than you though,"but when it comes to herbs, i say guesstimate. I usually use only whats needed on a wound. a little wound, little herbs. more or larger wounds, more herbs. if you never know how much togive or use, just use half a mouth full."