View Single Post
Old December 2nd, 2017, 09:17 PM
✴rewrite the stars✴

My Mood: Fine

Default Re: SkyClan Apprentices' Den

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thistledawn View Post
The white she-cat looked away when she noticed Foxpaw enter the den. The apprentice tried to turn away even more when he settled into his own nest. She tried to bury her face in between her paws. She had nothing against the ginger tom, not anything that she could remember. Cherrypaw just wasn't in the mood to do anything, and she felt especially not in the mood to talk. Even so, her white ears perked up when he began to talk. She raised her head to face the tom and felt her blue eyes widen.

"Do I look like the daughter of any important cat around here?" She mewed with as much sass as she could manage. Her bad mood was definitely having a negative impact on her. Cherrypaw muttered, "I'm not a princess." Normally she'd be delighted with the word. It made her feel important and special and graceful. Right now, she wasn't feeling any of those things. "And do you always go around calling cats that you hardly know beautiful?" She tried to spit her words, but she couldn't deny that the word coming from the mouth of a handsome cat made her feel hot under her fur. She swiped a white paw over her ear to hide her face, which may have betrayed the fact that she hadn't hated what Foxpaw called her.

Cherrypaw sighed and closed her eyes for a moment. She was being ridiculous. It was unfortunate that Foxpaw had walked in on her sour mood. She was treating the tom poorly when he hadn't actually done anything wrong. She opened her eyes and blinked at the tom. "I'm sorry. I'm just in a bad mood." The she-cat dipped her head as she apologized. Her tone turned sweeter as she tried to carry on the conversation. "I mean- I'm fine, thanks for asking. How are you, Foxpaw?" Cherrypaw shifted in her nest so that she could better see the tom.
The ginger tom laughed - not even just a chuckle, but laughed at her hostile words. He had heard it all over the moons. He'd been called a 'creep,' 'stalker,' 'mouse-brain...' any rude name you could think of, he had been called that. But this was a new one. His actual flirting being challenged, and not him? Redpaw and Silverpaw had done that, but it'd been more of a 'that's a horrible line' type thing and not a 'do you always say this' type thing. "Nobody said you had to be the daughter of someone important to be a princess." Foxpaw was practically crooning the words in as silk-smooth of a tone as he could muster. It was at a medium pitch, the lowest he could go, but at least he had lost his kit fluff. All that fluff had clung onto his pelt for too long, it was about time that he grew up. And grown up he had. He was a lot more muscular now, different from the original squeaky-voiced flirty tom who ran around the clearing throwing out compliments to everyone. He now chose targets, fairly speaking.

If he liked the look of a she cat - he'd test the waters, throw out a flirty comment or two. If she rejected him, then he would flirt harder. The angrier she got, the more persistent he got. "You just have to be beautiful... smart... and important yourself. And to answer your other question, no - not everyone. Just the cats who really deserve it." By now Foxpaw had risen halfway out of the nest and was looking very much like he was about to saunter over to Cherrypaw and give her a lesson in royalty. But instead he stayed where he was, a smirk halfway on his maw in a lopsided, charming rogue kind of way. He was attempting to charm her. Maybe it would work, maybe it wouldn't - generally it was a "hit or miss" thing that Foxpaw did his best to win at every time. As her words got sweeter, the tom purred low in his throat, trying to keep the volume of his purr down. He didn't want her accusing him of leading her on, after all.

Because that wasn't what Foxpaw was doing. If he thought Cherrypaw was pretty, he at least had some interest in her - and that interest could grow. Thinking someone was attractive was generally an opening stage to a future relationship, now wasn't it? "No need to apologize. You're quite pretty when you're angry, you know." The tom winked before she spoke again, and settled back down in his nest in a careless, leisurely fashion. "Oh, I'm doing alright. A lot better now that I have some company, though." A purr rumbled in his throat again as he once more half-rose from his nest.

I mentioned on my profile that I was starting over. A fresh start is best for me right now; I've created quite a few new characters, and they will all be on my site, but not all will be used in roleplay right away. it's likely I'll bring them in more gradually.