View Single Post
Old December 6th, 2017, 09:46 AM
✴rewrite the stars✴

My Mood: Fine

Default Re: SkyClan Apprentices' Den

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thistledawn View Post
The younger cat scoffed. "Just those three things makes princess? Perhaps every SkyClan she-cat is a princess then. Anyways, I'm just an apprentice. I hardly mean or deserve anything." It was true. It was true to an extent at least. Apprentices, especially apprentices as young as Cherrypaw, weren't trusted to do anything. They always needed a warrior to leave camp with them and they were always being bossed around. Everyone treated Cherrypaw like she had bees in her brain. All she wanted to do was prover herself and her worth to her Clan, but it was hard to do that when she was never offered the oppurtunity. She shook those thoughts away with a shake of her head. "And how many cats do you think deserve your compliments?" Cherrypaw challenged.

She squinted her blue eyes at the ginger tom. Behavior like his was something she hadn't encountered before. Was he flirting with her? She couldn't understand why. The two apprentices had hardly talked before. The she-cat considered herself pretty. She definitely wasn't the worst looking cat around and her white fur and blue eyes made her stand out. Cherrypaw couldn't think of anything she had done that would have inspired Foxpaw's flirting. The entire conversation between the two just felt strange to Cherrypaw. Maybe he's making fun of me, she thought. Suddenly Foxpaw's compliments didn't mean as much to her.

Cherrypaw was skeptical. She rose in her own nest, trying to meet the tom's height. "I can't tell if you're trying to be a goofy furball or not. Cats aren't pretty when they're angry. Unless you think raging badger is cute." She tilted her head to the side and watched Foxpaw closely. Perhaps something he'd do would give something away. The rising from the nest, the winks, the laughing, and the purrs confused her. "I'll try to be company if that's what you want, but I don't appreciate it if you're just playing games with me." Cherrypaw felt defensive. She really did feel like a princess now. She felt like she was demanding respect from the ginger tom. Oh, StarClan, she'd lost all control her her mood today. Too many contradicting emotions swarmed throughout her head.
Cherrypaw's question made the ginger tom want to laugh again, but he managed to restrain himself - barely. After all, he wouldn't want her getting angrier then she already seemed to be - that wouldn't do at all. "Love, do they really matter right now? You have my full attention." This time he didn't purr, trying to keep his expression serious. He did want to give Cherrypaw his full attention, but to him, that was hard to do. His attention span wasn't very long, and he was lucky there was no one else currently in the den - otherwise his eyes would have, no doubt, been flickering over to them every minute or so. And if they were a she cat? Well, that was game over, no questions asked. She would be angry, especially if she had thought she had his attention.

This game was more fun when he wasn't being challenged as much - Foxpaw had to admit, Cherrypaw was already proving herself to be skeptical in these first stages of his flirty games. A skeptical cat was twice as hard to convince as anyone else, because they questioned everything.Literally everything that he'd said so far, he'd gotten a blocking comment back for. Not quite the 'swooning princess' reaction he had been hoping for. Oh well; it was still early in the day, and from the looks of things, Foxpaw had nowhere to go. "No, no... you're absolutely right. Most cats aren't pretty, but I have to say, I think you classify under the category of being attractive while angry." His eyes sparkled with victory as he practically danced in his nest. He remained sitting down, of course; it wouldn't do for Cherrypaw to see him acting too strangely. She would, most likely, think of him as creepy after that.

If she didn't already. "Goofy furball" was something else that didn't exactly fit in the category of a compliment, and he was running out of ideas. The defensive comment that came next caught him a little off guard. Sure, he knew she had a right to ask questions, but this? This was the most of a challenge he'd had in a long time. Most she cats let him have his fun. They let him do as he wished, without a bunch of questions being asked. Except for her. Foxpaw already knew this was going to be a fun journey, trying to get her to fall for him, dodging her questions - oh, he was excited now! "Company sounds just wonderful." He mewed sincerely, trying to keep the laughter from entering his voice.

It cracked a little from the strain, but he recovered quickly and even managed an expression of embarrassment. Not like it was some great feat, he was fairly embarrassed of doing so in front of the pretty cat he was trying to woo. Cherrypaw. He'd have to keep her name in mind.

I mentioned on my profile that I was starting over. A fresh start is best for me right now; I've created quite a few new characters, and they will all be on my site, but not all will be used in roleplay right away. it's likely I'll bring them in more gradually.