View Single Post
Old December 10th, 2017, 12:33 PM
✴rewrite the stars✴

My Mood: Fine

Default Re: SkyClan Apprentices' Den

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thistledawn View Post
The white furred apprentice bit back yet another sarcastic response. She hadn't asked for Foxpaw's attention. He'd willingly offered it to her. Cherrypaw didn't like how he'd acted like she'd been desperate for attention. That wasn't true. Not this time, at least. She wondered if the ginger tom may have thought that she was actually jealous. She'd just been trying to prove a point, not stir up anything. Anyways, if she actually were jealous, Foxpaw would be sure of it. Cherrypaw wasn't a cat that sit back and watch something she didn't like happen. The she-cat flexed her claws under the cover of her nest, making sure Foxpaw wouldn't see how much he was frustrating her. Her tail, however, whisked rapidly behind her.

"For your sake, I'll take that as a compliment." The blue-eyed cat mewed. She wasn't quite sure pretty was the look she wanted to go for when she was angry. Cats hardly ever took her seriously to begin with. If not even anger got other cats to understand her, then she'd never get anywhere. But at the end of the day, pretty was a compliment. Cherrypaw always believed a cat was to take a compliment no matter where they came from.

"Okay then. Company it is." She said with a firm tone. It was important that she got across that she wasn't playing games. But Foxpaw's look of embarrassment made her crack. She wasn't too good at being too serious for too long anyways. A moody cat was what she'd always been. Cherrypaw struggled to maintain one emotion for the duration of a day. She partially blamed it on other cats. If they stopped doing things to frustrate or annoy her, she'd stop getting angry and unbearable. "Anyways, you avoided my question." She teased as she tilted her head to the side. "I guess you do think badgers are cute. What would your mother think of that?" Cherrypaw meowed, faking a dramatic gasp. Her brilliant blue eyes widened and her jaws parted. She was quite the actress.
"Well I meant it as a compliment, so you're welcome." Foxpaw mewed back, smirking at her just the slightest bit. He knew that she was probably frustrated with him. She cats got upset with him all the time, and he always took their angry comments in stride. Whether or not he was truly able to handle the angry comments very well was questionable, but he tried his best. He kept on flirting with them, so he supposed he did a pretty good job of remaining calm. Her accusation made him open and close his mouth without saying anything, so that he looked like a fish out of water. Foxpaw had once seen a fish out of water, flopping around like it was trying to go somewhere but never getting anywhere very fast.

He had watched it, fascinated by it's movements. He had been impressed - that was a quick-moving fish. And when the fish had eventually stopped moving, Foxpaw had gotten bored and walked away. He'd tried to bring Nightpaw to see the fish, but it had been picked clean... all that was left was a skeleton. That was once incident that Foxpaw wished he could forget, but he remembered in detail. Eventually, his mouth stopped working and he closed it while he thought of something intelligent to say that would hopefully impress her. That was what Foxpaw really wanted, to impress the she cat. So far it seemed all he had managed to do was annoy and mildly amuse her.

"Well, if every badger looked like you, they would be cute." Was what the ginger tom managed to come up with, a smirk on his maw as he glanced over her. She certainly was cute. Cute, pretty, though not quite outright beautiful/gorgeous. Those adjectives were, in his mind, only for the most drop-dead lovely of she cats. Cherrypaw did, however, certainly have the ability to be beautiful. Perhaps sometime in her later moons. Foxpaw certainly did think she was pretty or else he wouldn't have flirted with her in the first place.

I mentioned on my profile that I was starting over. A fresh start is best for me right now; I've created quite a few new characters, and they will all be on my site, but not all will be used in roleplay right away. it's likely I'll bring them in more gradually.