View Single Post
Old December 12th, 2017, 05:00 PM
Sugar Pine 7

My Mood: Happy

Default Re: SkyClan Apprentices' Den

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar23 View Post
"Well I meant it as a compliment, so you're welcome." Foxpaw mewed back, smirking at her just the slightest bit. He knew that she was probably frustrated with him. She cats got upset with him all the time, and he always took their angry comments in stride. Whether or not he was truly able to handle the angry comments very well was questionable, but he tried his best. He kept on flirting with them, so he supposed he did a pretty good job of remaining calm. Her accusation made him open and close his mouth without saying anything, so that he looked like a fish out of water. Foxpaw had once seen a fish out of water, flopping around like it was trying to go somewhere but never getting anywhere very fast.

He had watched it, fascinated by it's movements. He had been impressed - that was a quick-moving fish. And when the fish had eventually stopped moving, Foxpaw had gotten bored and walked away. He'd tried to bring Nightpaw to see the fish, but it had been picked clean... all that was left was a skeleton. That was once incident that Foxpaw wished he could forget, but he remembered in detail. Eventually, his mouth stopped working and he closed it while he thought of something intelligent to say that would hopefully impress her. That was what Foxpaw really wanted, to impress the she cat. So far it seemed all he had managed to do was annoy and mildly amuse her.

"Well, if every badger looked like you, they would be cute." Was what the ginger tom managed to come up with, a smirk on his maw as he glanced over her. She certainly was cute. Cute, pretty, though not quite outright beautiful/gorgeous. Those adjectives were, in his mind, only for the most drop-dead lovely of she cats. Cherrypaw did, however, certainly have the ability to be beautiful. Perhaps sometime in her later moons. Foxpaw certainly did think she was pretty or else he wouldn't have flirted with her in the first place.
The apprentice huffed, unable to find a reason to smirk back at Foxpaw. He certainly was clever and had a quick tongue. She'd let him have that, at least. It seemed that confidence radiated off of the ginger tom most of the time he spoke, something that seemed to spark Cherrypaw's interest. She had also managed to take some of that confidence from Foxpaw from the looks of it. She didn't believe he was the kind of cat to be easily embarrassed or thrown off. A small smile rose from her face. It'd felt oddly satisfying to her that she had that impact on the tom.

Cherrypaw rolled her eyes at her companion. A cute badger, she thought to herself. She thought that she should have been upset with Foxpaw. No cat, especially not Cherrypaw, wanted to be compared that big and lumbering creature. She'd never seen one herself, of course. However, she'd heard stories from queens and elders. They were big, ugly creatures that were too strong for just one cat to take on. The white apprentice imagined them with long and yellow fangs sticking out from their lips accompanied by equally long claws that could easily pierce the pelt of any cat. The she-cat heard many things about badgers, but cute was never one of those things. To her, it was ridiculous to imagine. She barely could imagine it! A small giggle escaped from the white cat. "That's mouse-brained." She mumbled with half a smile. "If badgers are cute like me, then does that mean foxes are like you, Foxpaw?" Cherrypaw tried to joke, her eyes shining with amusement.

Please check out my finder for my cats!

+Feel free to leave me a VM if I haven't responded to our RP within 4 days+

Profile pic