View Single Post
Old May 4th, 2018, 06:42 PM
#1 ragbros enjoyer

Bump Policy: if i ever actually post again
My Mood: Yeehaw

Default Re: ThunderClan Territory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryder View Post
“You know, most cats think I’m some old warhawk in Thunderclan,” Flintheart mentioned as they went on their way, “It is mostly because of how irritable I can be with my apprentices and the youth of the clans in general.” He gave a gentle shrug and a warm chuckle before looking off into the trees out of slight embarrassment of the matter before turning back to look at Firefall with his tail twitching behind him. “It is probably because my father was a huge ‘charge-into-battle’ type though and they all expect me to walk in his pawsteps or whatever they say,” The tomcat shook his head, “Between you and me though, I am not into war whatsoever. So many of our problems with the clans could be talked out rather than with teeth and claws. I’m rambling though, so I’ll stop there for that.” In the past, the old warrior had been much of a talker, always keeping to himself and thinking silently where nobody could bother him. With this orange-furred feline, however, he felt comfortable around for once in his life. He did not seem to cower or treat him like an elder (probably because they were around the same age) and Flintheart was thankful for that. He did not reply any further to their conversation about hunting and fighting - only simply gave a heartwarming smile and dipped his head in a silent agreement. Sometimes, the Burmilla had learned, there did not have to be words in order to make a point. They walked in a peaceful silence for awhile now, being lead to a small sanctuary that Firefall knew and used to get away from the burden of clan-life. Flintheart gently hummed to himself, letting the warm rays of sunlight soothe his back as they weaved through the undergrowth of the Thunderclan hunting grounds without any interruptions to disturb them both. The grey-furred male was taken away from the silence and softened sounds of nature though when Firefall mewed excitedly that they had reached their destination, which made his ears perk in surprise and their own sole excitement. The other male quickened his pace from beside him, leaving his side to go off into the small clearing. This prompted Flintheart to race after him, bounding through the uncut fresh green grass as the two warriors entered the sunlit clearing, beautiful flowers of various colors surrounding the area and just letting the stress and anxious emotions that he was feeling melt away. “Woah..” Flintheart murmured, under his breath as his green-hued eyes scanned the scene with interest, “This place is truly as beautiful as you said it was..” He looked at Firefall, who looked relaxed being here, his orange fur seeming to glow in the warm sunlight. The warrior looked happy and calm, which made the Burmilla stare for a moment in silence before he shook his head. The tom’s muzzle turned hot with embarrassment as he settled down in the softened grass and wrapped his tail around his front paws without trouble. “This place must be quite the heavenly spot for a nap now and then.”
Firefall nodded. "They can be very..loud. And nosy," he mewed. Apprentices were fine with him, but some of them weren't very mature. He settled in a sunny spot, letting the comfortable warmth seep into his pelt. Firefall smiled in return and lay in the grass, gazing at the other tom as he continued. He was friendly, easy to talk to. Firefall could feel like himself around Flintheart, which was pleasant. He enjoyed the feeling. "Ah, that's always irritating, being in someone's shadow," he replied. He himself had average parents. His father was a loyal, fierce, loyal warrior. And his mother was a compassionate but strict queen. Both were older, but not any less spirited. His mentor had been less..close, but he made him a good warrior, so he appreciated that. Firefall didn't talk to many cats. He found it hard to approach cats without them starting the conversation. Even then, he seemed to stumble over his tongue and ramble on until they got bored. Firefall curled his tail around his haunches and pricked his ears, listening intently. Thanking his awkwardness for letting it up a bit. The silence was comforting, the occasional twitter of birds in the trees above filling the emptiness of their words. "It is, plenty of quietness. Sometimes mice and birds come around," he replied with a smile.