View Single Post
Old September 25th, 2017, 12:51 AM
In ConstantState of Tired

My Mood: Asleep

Default Re: RiverClan Clearing

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedBandits View Post
Mulberrykit had been right. Her crouch was all wrong, from her body weight distribution to the positioning of her tail. Again, she tried to show no disappointment or frustration, thinking that too kit-like for her age; instead she took note on what Tigerpaw was doing, noticing the little details and presenting an aura of concentration. If I act mature, then I'll get to learn more than if I play the part of a whiny kit. So that's what she did. The red and brown she-kit nodded at the apprentice's constructive criticisms, taking into consideration the things she'd messed up on. She observed Tigerpaw move stealthily across the clearing ground, making no noise that she could hear. Ok... I think I get it now.

"All right." Mulberrykit said once her friend had finished her demonstration. "I think I understand." She dropped down low to the ground, but this time knew to keep her tail just above the floor. She didn't change much about the crouch itself, except that she evened her weight out more so one paw didn't make more noise than the others. It seemed harder now to maintain her position, but the kit did not complain, rather she held it, hoping to appear stronger had more capable. There. This must be better... even though it kinda hurts... Her strength was diminishing fast, so she hurriedly tried the final tip out for herself.

Having never walked in a crouch quite like the one she was currently in, Mulberrykit wasn't sure how well things would go down. Worst case scenario, I completely fail, fall, over, and she never speaks with me again. The thought wasn't very comforting, but she didn't have the time to come up with a best-case scenario. She had to walk. She placed one paw in front of the other, at first just making sure she could move, but once she got the hang of it, the kit tried to keep her steps light. She spread her weight out across her while body, and - at least to her - her pawsteps were very quiet. In reality, they were still pretty loud, and near the end her tail drooped, but she'd done much better than the time before. Mulberrykit jumped up, looked at Tigerpaw, and asked, "That was better, wasn't it? I did the things you said!" She eagerly awaited the apprentice's response, hoping she had done well in her mini-training session.
A smile spread across the she cats face when she saw how quickly the kit learned and how determined she seemed to.be. she showed no disappointment or annoyance when.the young cats pawsteps were a bit too loud, "You did much better! You're a fast learner!" She purred, "We can keep practicing and soon you'll get the hang of it and be as quiet as a mouse." She chuckled. "This time I'll walk along side you so you can follow my paw steps." She added as she prepared her crouch.

If you'd like to interact with Onyxwhisper, please PM or visitor message me!