Default Re: RiverClan Territory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marigoldwhisper View Post

`~Owltalon
She\Lionheart\RC
"Are you listening, starchild?"

Purrks: Agatha Kitty ACTIVE!

· · ─────── ·· ─────── ·

She couldn't help but laugh at the last words that feel out of Redmire's mouth. She tried and failed to swallow back her snicker, which resulted in her face looking slightly pinched for a moment before replying. "You may have dropped the ball," Owltalon said truthfully. "But you've obviously got heart. Y'know, having a loud mouth ain't that bad when you're saying the right stuff. I'm sure you still have something of a shot to gain the position." She sighed and lowered her gaze from Redmire's. "Being a Lionheart is the last place I thought I'd end up honestly. I thought I made one too many mistakes. But I'm here, right?"

She smiled toothily as her gaze slowly darted back up to the warriors. "So no. You've still got options I'm sure. Just maybe work on building up some recently burned bridges."

Owltalon had only responded to Redmire's last concerns first because she was still digesting the first problems she had introduced. It was hard for her to see Birdsnow as someone who let the clan down, it was hard to see Larkstar or Tansypaw as cowards because she saw the cat behind them. Being a high rank was hard... Being a Riverclan high rank was a suicide mission with there current state.

The brown Lionheart dug her paws into the earth until she saw her paw pads indented in the soft dark cushioning. "I think that Birdsnow'll prove herself. I mean, there's nothing else she can do, right? I believe and her. Ya' got every right to believe that's childish or naive but... I think she'll do well. And if she doesn't, I'm sure Fadingsun won't hesitate to drag her to the outskirts." Saying that last part made her shoulders feel heavy. She prayed to sliverpelt it wouldn't happen. Please, please, please.

Birdsnow wasn't a bad cat by any means. If it was up to Owltalon, she'd be getting a lot more chances, just like any other cat. But it wasn't up to her, and she could feel the threatening waves of fate pulling control straight out of her claws.

She sighed and rolled back her shoulders as she waited for a reply.

The laughter made Redmire's ears flatten, even if it wasn't necessarily in poor humor. "Yeah," she grunted. "Guess you are."

Maybe she could take Owltalon off the list.

Redmire swatted a blade of grass with one paw and rolled over to her back, brow furrowed deeply. "Okay but just-" She blew out a huge breath. "Look, Birdsnow took up the spot almost two moons ago. We've spent that whole time with no official medicine cats, and she just appointed Fading at her last meeting. She didn't even go out to the Starcave to get her name, she's still just Birdsnow! It's irresponsible and shows a total lack of care or dedication and I wouldn't trust her now to hold up a branch for me to pass under, let alone be an actual warrior. Might as well just nip the issue in the bud now rather than wait it out."

With a grumble, she gave Owltalon a frustrated look. "If you really think she can redeem herself, fine, that's your thought. But don't say I didn't warn you when she ends up thrown out next moon."

Another beat of silence, then, "Are we seriously going to just stay out here for the remainder of this stupid meeting? It's cold."