View Single Post
Old November 19th, 2017, 04:37 PM
✴rewrite the stars✴

My Mood: Fine

Default after the dusk syndicate (closed)

As she ran through the territory, Asterflame's blue-colored fur ruffled with the wind blowing through it. There was a smile on the she cat's face, although even now, she didn't feel free. She could almost feel Bluespark behind her, watching her every movement. It made her feel like if she so much as tripped, he would be on top of her. Any excuse to make a move on her, right? They were mates now. He didn't need to be touchy, she didn't need to be touchy with him, and for her, this was nothing more then business. She was keeping her promise, just like she had always done. And anyways, she didn't owe Azulheart anything - he didn't owe her anything - they were both free, right? Free like birds? Yeah. As free as birds caught under a cat's paw. She thought with a sigh. That was true for her, but for him? She wasn't as sure. She could have sworn she saw Alabastersnow do something... hurt Azulheart in some way... but there was no evidence of it on his face. There was no clue and so she had kept her maw shut. Hopefully everything would turn out alright for the two of them - Asterflame really hoped it would.

It might have sounded strange, but as heartbroken as she was, she wanted Azulheart to be happy. They might not be best friends anymore... heck, Asterflame wasn't sure if they were even friends anymore, but she wanted the best life possible for him still. She still wanted to protect Azulheart. This was yet another thing she'd screwed up, another happy ending crossed off the list (not because she'd gotten it, because she wouldn't) and she had screwed up his life as well. Made him go to Alabastersnow, who was the last cat he should've been with. Bluespark may have wanted him dead, but her half-sister was the one who had done the attacking! Whether she was a pawn or not was irrelevant - Asterflame just couldn't understand how he could let her lowlife sister crawl all over him, fawning on him like he was her toy. He wasn't a toy to be played with! Why couldn't she see that? Why couldn't he see that, why was he letting Alabastersnow treat him like he was... was some sort of a doll? Asterflame wished she could go back and demand that he tell her what happened.

But she knew better. She knew her place. She knew that she wasn't allowed to demand to know what happened, because it would make Bluespark angry. And Asterflame was scared when her mate got angry. She was still mortified at the angry words that had left her own maw earlier, and especially telling Alabastersnow she thought that Azulheart was handsome - it was true, she did think so, but that wasn't an excuse. She could have been in big trouble. Worse yet, Alabastersnow could have taken that way further. She was glad that nothing serious had happened. The other night had been the last night she would meet Azulheart in private like that... it was just a bad idea. She'd almost ended up spending the night there, with him, where nothing else mattered - she had almost broken her promise, she had told her secret and he hadn't understood. That was what stung the most, that he hadn't understood. The border was in sight at this point, and Asterflame reached it quickly, skidding to a stop before she crossed over.

The Dusk Syndicate was gone; but she was still wary, just in case there were some cats hanging around there. She turned back to look for Bluespark, her eyes sparkling and that fake smile still on her maw. He didn't know her very well, not the real her, anyways. He wouldn't be able to see that on the inside she was basically dying. How was she supposed to live with herself keeping this promise? It was breaking her heart, breaking her will, and soon she would be nothing but a soulless... mindless... stupid puppet. The stupidest of all puppets, because she would be a puppet that believed her evil mate was right all along.

"I win!" She purred, turning around to look at Bluespark. Fearing that he would be angry, her ears went back and she instantly took on a more submissive stance. "But, you did give me a headstart. If you hadn't done that you would be the winner, all the way." She encouraged, giving him a sweet smile and lightly touching her nose to his ear. She felt nothing when she did that. No happiness. No comfort. It felt like a chore, like it was something routine that she was being forced to do in order to give her mate the type of life that he wanted. It sounded like a cliche, didn't it? The girl being in love with her best friend, who was in love with her sister and vice versa, and the popular one being in love with the girl.

A web of lies and deceit. That was what every relationship here had been built off of, deceit and lies and trickery. More lies, more trickery, more of all of that stuff. Asterflame wasn't sure if she could handle much more of it. Even now she felt like she was going to have a breakdown at some point. It was bound to happen... it was a matter of when, not if, now. Asterflame just knew it.

@Constellation

I mentioned on my profile that I was starting over. A fresh start is best for me right now; I've created quite a few new characters, and they will all be on my site, but not all will be used in roleplay right away. it's likely I'll bring them in more gradually.