Thread: [ThunderClan] love is like a blooming rose
View Single Post
Old March 19th, 2024, 01:56 PM
Your Local Spider

Status: Please bump me if I am in a RP w/ you! My to do list is outdated!
Bump Policy: Please bump once per 3 days!
My Mood: Yeehaw

Default Re: love is like a blooming rose

Orangeblossom! NOTE: I will be making this look a lot prettier later /w\ I’m just getting info down rn

Current bio page for Orangeblossom <3
About me!

Howdy! We’ve talked a bit in the chat box and had very brief ic character interaction with Morningkit and Springlight (paw, at the time), I want to note though that Morningkit is one of the characters I write the least with and usually I write a bit better. I have quite a few cats but I tend to keep up with them all with a few very obvious favorite children. If accepted, Orange would also be a favorite child and would have more time devoted to him. I am very active and log in at least once a day and have a post rate of 8.2 per day.

Orangeblossom

‧₊˚❀༉‧₊˚.Appearance‧₊˚❀༉‧ ₊˚.

Orangeblosssom has a mix of traits from the La Perm cat and the Ocicat that influences his appearance and traits. He is a medium height, medium fur that is curly and a short bobbed tail from an incident in his youth. He is tri-colored orange, pale orange, and light brown with dark green eyes. While he is a diligent warrior he is a bit accident prone as he often forgets to think through things if he feels that it can end with helping the clan and therefore has some light scarring here and there.

╔══~~══╗
"In case you ever foolishly forget:
I am never not thinking of you."
- Virginia Woolf

╚══~~══╝

‧₊˚❀༉‧₊˚.Personality‧₊˚❀༉ ₊˚.

Orangeblossom is a very positive cat and always tries to keep on the positive side of things though sometimes, more often than not now, this positive acts like a mask over his actual feelings. In a nutshell, Orangeblossom is loyal, supportive, generous, and honest for positive traits; toxic-positive and a perfectionist to himself for more neutral traits; and then noisy and stubborn at times, usually when it comes to what he thinks is best though he is normally open minded and communicative, for negative traits. Orangeblossom is a helpful cat and is usually very outgoing and social, always looking for a new cat to meet and aims to make all cats in Thunderclan feel seen and heard and welcomed, he is also very family-friend orientated! Orangeblossom would have 3(ish) younger adopted/half siblings that I would put up a finder to find if he is accepted. Orangeblossom when is paws aren’t tied up with warrior duties and is spent with his siblings, helping them with lessons and playing with them, friends, making sure they are alright and just hanging out, and Springlight, from dates to just enjoying having her nearby. Orangeblossom for all his talk of taking care of yourself and making sure his clanmates, especially family-friends, are okay, he doesn’t understand the need for himself to take mental breaks. Sure he’ll take physical breaks after working a lot, or making sure he has ate and the things but he doesn’t take time to just…drop the facade of always being okay and happy. Not until Springlight, and it wouldn’t be for awhile until he feels he can be vulnerable with her.

╔══~~══╗
"If you remember me, then I don’t care if everyone else forgets."
- Haruki Murakami

╚══~~══╝

‧₊˚❀༉‧₊˚.Family tree‧₊˚❀༉‧₊˚.

Mother: his mother was a very important figure in his life and only parent while growing up. She helped him in his kit and apprentice years and was always there for him until she passed away from illness when he was 15 moons, so he is still grieving her but Orange knows that she wouldn’t want him to be sad for her so he tries to push through it (not always the most healthiest thing, he kind of just doesn’t let himself feel sad at all and bottles it up |: )

Father: no thoughts on him. He was absent in Orange’s life so Orange doesn’t give much thought on him.

Grandmother (Mother's side): Orangeblossom heard many stories of his grandmother's bravery growing up and he is actually named after her though most cats think the 'Orange' in his name comes from the color of his pelt, though they aren't far off the mark because his grandma's similarly colored pelt was what she was named after. She had a nearly fully orange pelt with pale orange splotches.

Siblings!: [ would be dependent on the rpers if the finder is put up but close and positive, Orange cares for his siblings a lot and is sort of like a parent for them after their mother’s passing]

╔══~~══╗
"If I had a flower for every time I think of you
then I would only have one flower;
because I never stopped thinking of you.
"
- Unknown
╚══~~══╝

‧₊˚❀༉‧₊˚.Dynamic with Spring and Love languages‧₊˚❀༉‧₊˚.
..ᐢ₎

Anyways, as I rambled about before, the people closest to him matter a lot to Orangeblossom and that would be especially clear for his love of Springlight. In no world would he hide his affections after the two have officially become mates! He would bring her favorite flowers and plants and prey and whatever he sees while out and about that reminds him of her. This shiny rock I saw caught my eyes like you did when we first met, completely genuine. His love language would be mainly gift-giving and quality time.
WIP

╔══~~══╗
“I fell in love the way you fall asleep: slowly, and then all at once.”
-John Green

╚══~~══╝

‧₊˚❀༉‧₊˚.Plot/Meet cute ideas‧₊˚❀༉‧₊˚.

So meet cute idea…Orange was an idiot and got injured on a patrol (little hurt paw nothing bad) while trying to get some herbs for the med den. When he is being treated by Spring, he notices that she is a bit down or maybe just tired and kind of just… “What did the daisy say to the thyme when they saw the medicine cat….oh no! Dai (dae)-sy (see) us! We’re out of thyme (time)!” and then they kind of just stare at each other for a few moments or something and then Orangeblossom kind of flusters and sheepishly is like…”yeah, not my best material, at least a 3/5?

Going off the previous idea, I think the moment that Orangeblossom realizes that Springlight is feeling down or is just tired in general he would start going out of his way to try and help her and Drizzle out whenever he can. Volunteering for herb patrols, bringing in fresh prey, bringing in herbs he just randomly find, bringing little trinkets. At first, it would be nothing more but what he always does for his clan mates, making sure they are alright, but over time maybe Springlight and Orangeblossom can start hanging out more and as the two get closer Orangeblossom falls in love first. At first, he wouldn't recognize it as love, rather he thinks of Springlight as a really good friend. One day, though, he is chatting to someone, probably his best friend outside of Spring, and they are like "lol, it sounds like you are in love or something." as a joke, but then Orangeblossom is like..."dude, I don't think that's a joke." Then comes the falling incredibly hard in love, like rolling down a rock a million times taller than the Stormcrest and then slamming straight on your face, in love. He would try to keep himself together but it was like realizing what the feelings were made them feel that much stronger and he just couldn't contain it all but at the same time he didn't want to confess, he didn't want to lose Springlight because there's just no way for her to feel the same way back, right????

The Flower Field (this is expanded on in his RP examples)
Growing up, Orangeblossom's mother would take him out to a little field that fills with wild flowers during new leaf. He has countless memories from kithood to early warriorhood with his siblings and mother before her death shared here. After that he doesn't visit for a while. Then he invites Springlight because she helped him feel actually happy again and it felt fitting to bring her to his happy place. Maybe it can be sort of like a date, and maybe some heart-to-heart moments and conversations can be had or they can just exist together, I'm open to anything.

Meeting siblings...
So after making their relationship official, Orangeblossom would want to formally introduce Springlight to his siblings. Basically, family bonding with Springlight being welcomed into the Orange Tree family. The actual RP would depend on what personalities each kit has but I think it would be pretty cute anyways. Definitely a bit more simple but a cute idea nonetheless in my opinion lol.

Less plot points but little things they can do!
- Walks; Orangeblossom would be more than happy to be affectionate with Springlight in public but being more vulnerable or emotionally he's a bit more private because he has this facade of a mask he wears that he always needs to seem happy around others and so he doesn't really let himself be calm unless he is away and only when alone or with Springlight.
- Picnics; falls in line with the above, just being able to hang out together for a time. Also cloud watching and stargazing can also happen on these!
- WIP

So I was thinking that because this is both Springlight and Orangeblossom's first relationship they would have a bit of a learning curve as expected and I think part of that would be balancing work life and personal life if that makes sense. So I think with Springlight's habits (unless this isn't fitting which is completely fine as well) maybe she starts to prioritize work and spends less time with Orangeblossom who, overthinking his first relationship and is worrying that he isn't being as good of a partner as he could be, reads into this and starts trying to overcompensate and 'do better so that Springlight doesn't leave him.' It would be pretty easy to solve just a bit of communication goes a long way.

╔══~~══╗
“I swear I couldn’t love you more than I do right now, and yet I know I will tomorrow.”
- Leo Christopher

╚══~~══╝

‧₊˚❀༉‧₊˚.Character arc/future plans‧₊˚❀༉‧₊˚.

I have a hard time planning out the specifics of character arcs before hand because most of the time my best decisions for a character is made on the fly in RP, though my general idea where I plan to start this character with him mostly focusing on building a better future for his siblings and loved ones. I'll be sure to fill this in more as I continue working on this but again character arcs don't really come to me beforehand lol.

Put quote :]
‧₊˚❀༉‧₊˚.Roleplaying Examples‧₊˚❀༉‧₊˚.

WIP

Header when I make when
Orangeblossom
He/him | TC warrior | Moons: 17 | No purrks (I’ll probably spin the wheel for him if accepted)

Orangeblossom grimaced slightly as his curly fur got caught in the brambles that he was attempting to squeeze through, little orange tufts coming off on the thorns, some thorns tearing off and mixing in with his fur in return. That would be a pain to deal with but it wasn’t anything that he couldn’t handle, some extra grooming for his already high-maintenance fur was going to be annoying. He shook his head lightly and let a purr rumble in his chest as he finally escaped the clutches of the brambles and tumbled slightly into the clearing on the other side. It was brilliant! Everything seemed so untouched! How did a cat like him get so lucky! The grass was bright and shimmering as the sun rising in the sky melted the frost and lit up the remaining dew like stars in the sky, wild flowers of all sorts of varieties were laying across the field the beginning of newleaf promising more to bloom, the trees surrounded the little field in a semi-circle, thick brambles filling in between each one completely hiding this little haven from an outsider’s view. Orangeblossom was no stranger, and he was sure that he wasn’t the only cat to visit this place. He wouldn’t be for sure in just a few nights.

All over again, giddiness filled his limbs at the thoughts of the plans ahead, Springlight would love this place surely. It was calm and it was quiet, just what the hardworking molly deserved, and it was gorgeous. The tom walked slowly through the taller bits of grass before stepping into the shorter, greener grass with all the flowers. He took a pause in his looking around to sniff at a wildflower. It was purple and dropped slightly, like the weight of its beauty made it tired, it reminded him of Springlight. So pretty and hardworking but not understanding that it was okay to just stop and smell the flowers. He smiled to himself and the warrior made a note to pick a few of them to bring back to her on his way home. Green eyes dragged across the trees and more specifically the brambles. He would need to clear some away for sure, it wouldn’t do to lose fur every time he came and went. The reminding brambles could do with some prettying up, some flowers would be easy to weave into the sharp plants. Next was to make sure that the area was free of any sort of animal den. If Orangeblossom remembered correctly there wasn’t even a den nearby and none of the patrols had sighted anything strange. As mixed matched paws carried him through the area, scent of blooming flowers, fresh dew, and pine washed over him, nostalgia planted itself in his mind.

His paws were suddenly less sure, and more prone to tripping as he moved too quickly for himself, until eventually a twig sticking out but hidden by flowers, grass, and excitement caught on his paw and sent him colliding with the ground. Orangekit looked up and the figure of his mother’s strong but lean frame was walking towards him humming that gentle lullaby as she gently took his paws and checked little Orangekit over for injuries. Her song washed over him before the tears building in his eyes could even think of dropping, she smiled but her face was hazy now. Specific details covered by wild flowers and stars. Emerald eyes, misty from the trip down memory lane, opened and Orangeblossom found himself frozen in place. There only a few tail-lengths away was the exact twig that tripped him so long ago. The little thing was rotted and broken in half, but Orangeblossom was sure that it was the one. This place held so many memories, of his mother, of his siblings, of himself and soon it would have memories of him and Springlight. Perhaps, he should tell her some stories.

Well, then back to work, yes? Alright, let’s see here. Field, all check. Fixing up the brambles, to be done. Collecting Springlight’s favorite flowers, to be done right before so they are fresh. Hunting some of her favorite prey, also to be done so it’s fresh. Making sure, too curious kitten are following?” At the item of his list, Orangeblossom whipped around, smiling wide and eyes bright. Hmmm…he stalked forward carefully. Though he was honestly surprised that he didn’t find a single one of his siblings trying to sneak out with him and tease him about cooties. That or they have suddenly gotten really good at sneaking which likely isn’t the case. “What else?” His eyes bunched up in the corners as Orangeblossom squinted his green eyes in thought. Nope, that was all that was left…well all besides…asking…Springlight out tonight. The too happy feeling spread from his heart to his paws and all the up to his ears. A giggle escaping him as he did a few bounds around the little flower field. Ugh, he was so in love, young him would be gagging but! Too bad, so sad! Young him hasn’t yet had the pleasure of meeting Springlight.

Asking Springlight out, yeah, he has this! Just walk up, flowers in paw, and- The tom acted out the scene to himself, chest puffed and chin raised high as he strided a few steps forward, “Springlight, my dearest love! Take a break for once and come with me for the night!- no, what even is that?” The tom judged himself before continuing, “Springlight, I was really hoping that I could bring you to my kithood place! I would…really like it if you’d come..” Orangeblossom shook his head. This needed to be perfect, well not perfect, but as close to it as possible for Springlight! She deserved perfect and more but Orangeblossom knew that he couldn’t do that, but he would try his best and those poor excuses of ‘asking out’ were not his best. He ran a few paces before hopping and landing on his paws dramatically, “My stars and moon, my sun in the sky, my flowers to my grass-too much, too much….UGH!” The tom groaned before flopping back and staring at the clouds in the sky as they passed by. Why was this harder than confessing was….The warrior flopped onto his side and dug his face into his paws. He was worse than a swooning apprentice with their first crush.

Grass shuffling behind him caught his attention instantly and he quickly attempted to get his paws under him but tripped and landed on his chin, front paws tucked beneath him and his back ones uselessly spread out. A shadow formed over him and Orangeblossom looked up to see the sky-no not the sky, but Springlight’s brilliant blue eyes. Flush spread through his face and the tom smiled sheepishly at the molly, before reaching out for one of the nearby purple flowers, cutting it free from its stem with a claw before holding it out for her to take on a open paw, “Springlight, I want to show you something special, will you let me tonight?” He smiled, eyes wrinkled around the edges and green eyes shimmering with love despite the sun being blocked, an expression of pure love as he awaited her answer.

Put quote :]
‧₊˚❀༉‧₊˚.Basics‧₊˚❀༉‧₊ .

Orangeblossom

Name Meaning/previous names
Orange: Named after his grandmother though most think that it is from the color of his pelt though that wasn't completely off the mark as his grandmother was named after her similarly colored pelt.

Blossom: For the joy that blossoms whenever he is around

Orangekit, Orangepaw

Rank
Warrior

Previous ranks
Kit, apprentice

Sexuality
Pan-demiromantic

Mental disorders

Thoughts on kits
Isn't super into the idea at his age but would be open to whatever Springlight wants when they are a bit older. He already has his kid siblings to take care of now that his mother has passed, and as much as he loves it he doesn't want to raise any other kits for awhile but loves the idea for the future.

Loves
- Springlight!
- Lizard
- Blue
- Newleaf
- wild flowers
- the smell of fresh rain
- taking care of Thunderclan, family, and friends

- greenleaf
- singing
- walks
- quiet time

Dislikes
- being alone for too long
- red
- early mornings
- kitten bites

Hates
- Anyone who dares to hurt Thunderclan, family, friends
- Those who bully/are mean to others
- bluejays
- bright lights

Fun facts on Orange!
Another qoute
‧₊˚❀༉‧₊˚.Art‧₊˚❀༉‧₊˚.

Insert the doodles I’ve done so far :]

Things to be added still:
-Roleplay examples:
~ Of Orangeblossom in general
-More plot ideas/interaction ideas
-Thoughts on Kits
-Idk but I am probably missing more
- Character dialog quotes
- Art
- Better formatting
- Orangeblossom basics lol, how did I forget that
- potentially add animatic if finished in time

Seabreeze is currently one of Riverclan's Lionhearts!
[ Seab is open to giving kit/app lessons || Seab is semi-open to all RPs, just ask! ]

Last edited by Dolomedes; March 22nd, 2024 at 08:18 PM.