View Single Post
Old March 5th, 2018, 02:47 PM
Your Local Fisherman

Bump Policy: Never.

Default Re: ShadowClan Elders' Den

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2018 Okapi View Post
Fallowbreeze heaved herself rather slowly to her paws and stepped aside,” Ya know, when I was an apprentice we had to help the elders daily as part of our training, now all the apprentices either lie to their mentors about doing apprentice duties or the mentors don’t require it the most I get typically is kits who offer to learn how and I give them instructions, but half-way finished with removing my ticks or fleas they declare it’s boring and walk off...rarely do I get apprentices.” She meowed rather amazed maybe I need to leave this den and voice this reality more huh. She flicked her tail.
The small apprentice dipped her head as a silent thank-you to the elder as she stepped aside to let her made a fresh nest to sleep in. Meanwhile, as she was scraping away the old, stiffened moss that was there, Newtpaw’s ears twitched as Fallowbreeze vented out her two cents about the way it was back when she was an apprentice, which made her feel guilty in a sense - it was true that she had never done any duties in the Elder’s den before today and there were so many apprentices who avoided such things. She took the partial blame for things being this way and looked to the older shecat for a moment as she began sorting out the old moss for the softened new moss that she had collected. “I apologize for not coming around before today, and I cannot speak for my fellow apprentices, but I do hope that I can make it up to you in the future by coming around when I am a warrior - it is my fault for getting caught up in my other training and selfish desires to not come to the elders and tend to their needs, including yours.” The brown-furred female mewed, quietly standing back up and stepping away from the spot now where a brand-new moss nest rested for the elder in place of the crusty old one. “Here’s your new nest, I do hope that it is satisfactory.” The apprentice was trying her absolute best at this point now, despite feeling a pained hole of guilt within her chest.