View Single Post
Old March 26th, 2017, 12:55 PM
✴rewrite the stars✴

My Mood: Fine

Default Re: Calia's Garden [Private]

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsurdJinx View Post
Calia hadn't reacted on Obsidian's slip of a nickname just moments before. He seemed embarrassed by it, though she honestly thought it was one of the most adorable things she'd ever experienced. She didn't want to further humiliate him by responding on it, so she let it slip, but sunshine repeatedly passed through her simple mind. She'd never had a nickname, and it brought curiosity to her as a stranger-as-of-an-hour-before would be the one to give it to her. Of course, she wasn't complaining, but Obsidian, reserved and cool? Don't put too much thought into it, it was a one-time thing.

With a mouthful of plant stalks, Calia guided the way back to the nests below the bridge. Carefully, she set the stalks down beside the nest that was in need of improvement. She figured Obsidian would set his own stalks down with hers. ``Thank you, for helping, I mean,`` Calia meowed, flashing him a grateful smile. And then she got to work, clearing the area of its sad excuse of a nest and replacing it with fresh plants. She wove the stalks around, her nose crinkled in deep concentration. And then she remembered - Obsidian, and she opened her mouth to speak. ``If you don't mind me asking... which way are you heading? A majority of those who stay with me head towards the Clans. Those Clan cats are rather famous, if you ask me,`` She laughed gently, her paws moving quickly as she continued to build the nest.

The black tom was still embarassed about having given the ginger female a nickname. How had that even come into his head, anyways? Sunshine? He thought, looking as though he were about to scoff at the very fact that he had ever called the she cat 'sunshine.' And yet there was warmth, too...she hadn't really minded. Not as far as he could tell. Maybe Calia hadn't even heard, at least he hoped so-- if that were true, then there was nothing to worry about. Cautiously, as though he were walking on something delicate that he didn't want to break like eggshells or leaves. The tom unsheathed his claws and dug them into the ground, half-stretching them as he did so and enjoying the feel of the dirt under his claws. After all, this was something that he had rarely gotten to experience in what he called his 'house of horrors.' It really had been an awful place. And his brother? Such a stuck up jerk, and yet he acted as though he were a gift to every cat around him.

The thought was almost laughable, except it really wasn't. Since that same cat had made his life absolutely and positively miserable for moons. Slowly, Obsidian set his own stalks down beside hers, moving away as though she were a dangerous animal about to sting him and then settling down again. Her voice brought him out of his past and he lifted his head, looking at her and managing to smile a little. It didn't look very real, or as though he meant the words he was speaking, but at least it was there. "You're welcome. I mean...I thought I might as well." He shrugged a little like it was no big deal. And to him, it wasn't. There just wasn't a big deal when it came to helping. "Yeah, well, a Clan's not for me. Seems like they're pretty strict. I'm heading for a place called the Dusk Syndicate-- you might have heard of it but, then again, you might not have. Guess it depends." He half-shrugged, before turning his attention away from her. For whatever reason, he was scared that if he looked at her too long-- she might cast some sort of spell on him. It was an irrational fear, but it was there all the same.

I mentioned on my profile that I was starting over. A fresh start is best for me right now; I've created quite a few new characters, and they will all be on my site, but not all will be used in roleplay right away. it's likely I'll bring them in more gradually.