View Single Post
Old December 1st, 2017, 11:43 PM
The Only Unicorn Member

My Mood: Sad
Default Re: ShadowClan | WindClan Border

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsurdJinx View Post

``Yes, ShadowClan are a stinky bunch,`` Smokethorn chuckled softly, gazing over the invisible line commonly referred to as the border. ``Though keep in mind that there are a few of them worthy of our kindness.`` As an older warrior, he's encountered many felines who either did or did not deserve his friendliness. Smokethorn was someone who believed that everyone should be respected at first introduction. Then as time passes by, the respect either grows or loses its shine depending on the other feline's actions. He preferred not to make friends with other clans' members and in all honesty, Smokethorn would be perfectly fine with just his mate and his kits beside him. But that didn't mean he didn't care for his other kin or friends, or even his apprentice Bumblepaw, because he genuinely looked out for them. Often, Smokethorn's apprentices became family, and he always watched after them once they became warriors. Most definitely, Bumblepaw and Smokethorn's bond will not falter even beyond death.

``Come, we will visit the ThunderClan border next,`` Smokethorn meowed, glancing over at the younger tomcat. He observed his apprentice very briefly, simply looking the other tom over quickly. ``Tell me if you tire, alright? I wouldn't want to exhaust you on your first day out.`` Smokethorn was willing to end the day short if Bumblepaw weren't up to it. He was quite proud of his patient manner, and was perfectly fine with putting the ThunderClan and RiverClan border off one more day. Smokethorn wasn't even sure if he wanted to visit the ThunderClan border yet, not with tensions so high.
Bumblepaw nodded promising himself he would not do anything to disturb Thunderclan, he prayed to Starclan the warriors of the mighty clan would stay on their own side of the border, and let the duo train. The warriors in there had to understand Bumblepaw was a novice. Right? Despite this uncertainty Bumblepaw wanted to see the border, just in case it came down to it and he had to fight. He wanted to get the lay of the land. The apprentice wasn't strong, yes, but he knew what the phrase 'work smarter not harder' meant. And he was determined to live by it's teachings.

Bumblepaw trekked on. He was in no way tired as Smokethorn had asked him. His paws moved him onward his head high and observing every tree and blade of grass. Every sound, every scent. Bumblepaw made sure he documented it all. The chirp of a bird, and the response of it's partner. The way the pines slowly turned into oak trees and how the patterns of the sun was displayed through their leaves. It was quite serene the world Bumblepaw lived in. He wondered how anyone could fight when there was so much beauty around them. It dawned on the young apprentice that, thats exactly why they were fighting. Everyone wanted the beautiful land for themselves. This made Bumblepaw angry. What would be the point of fighting for the land if you just destroyed it in the process?

At this point, Bumblepaw almost WANTED a Thunderclan patrol to stumble upon the two. It almost seemed poetic. Maybe Bumblepaw could tell them his revelation? He looked at Smokethorn. The warrior was strong and brave, but Bumblepaw had seen the way his gaze darkened when he spoke of Thunderclan. Yes, the tom was respectable, but just like all the other cats in all the clans, his mentor wanted to see his own clan flourish. As he should, being a prominent member of the clan. Bumblepaw's eyes hardened. "Smokethorn." He whispered quietly. "When does the battle between Thunderclan and Windclan start?" A sense of Windclan pride filled the young toms chest. He wanted to fight for his clan and help them defeat these cats who were trying to take away their own beautiful rolling hills on the moor.

I have recently added a schedule to my site. If inquiring about my availability please check there.