View Single Post
Old March 11th, 2024, 02:49 PM

Bump Policy: 72 hours!!
My Mood: Fine

Default Re: The Starcave

Drizzlecloud
Thunderclan
She/her

The corners of her lips tugged upwards into a smile, taking a moment to just look at the molly that Springpaw had grown into. A quiet purr rumbled in her chest as she watched her apprentice smile, and a watery chuckle escaped her when she noticed the tears in her eyes. “Oh, no no, don't cry–if you cry then I'll cry, too. We can't have both of us crying now, can we?” She asked as a few stray tears managed to spill over her eyelids. Goodness. Drizzlecloud leaned over to carefully nose at the corners of Springpaw's eyes, playfully tutting under her breath as if scolding the poor girl. It was all in good spirits, though. She knew that a few tears would be shed here, after all.

I do. Although she hadn't actually heard it, she found herself conjuring up the sound within her own mind. With a sharp inhale, she straightened her posture once again to proceed. Not that they had an audience, but considering their location she felt it necessary to uphold at least a bit of formality. “Then by the powers of Starclan, I give you your true name as a medicine cat.” For a moment, she felt anxiety bubbling up in her gut, quickly dampening the feeling with a harsh swallow. “Springpaw, from this moment on you will be known as Springlight. Starclan honors your clarity, commitment and intelligence, and we–err, I, I suppose, since we're alone–welcome you as a full medicine cat of Thunderclan.”

It felt like a bit of a weight was lifted off of her shoulders, now that she had said it out loud. Drizzlecloud jerked her head slightly and lifted her tail, her fluffy tail-tip twitching in a come here sort of motion. With a smile etched into her features and watery eyes, she lifted her head to carefully rest her muzzle between her apprentice's ears, giving her an affectionate little nuzzle in the process. “I really hope you like your name, I'd hate to give you a name you didn't remotely enjoy..”

[ @vei ]

Bump Policy: 72 hours!
Often inactive on weekends!

Click here for my character site!