View Single Post
Old May 13th, 2021, 06:23 PM
particles of stars

Default Re: Lessons of flowers and growing friendships [P]

[Aim for the moon. If you miss, you may hit a star. - W. Clement Stone]

The image of her adopted father's body,, the cuts and blood- the brown and white fur she barely recognized yet did were still tangled in the vines.. still floating in the icy harbor. It's just like before... Sleepy eyes closed, and before the young she-cat knew it,,, she was asleep. Or so she hoped she was.

Feeling the small-ish paws on her long yet messy fur [No mother there to lick it into perfection unfortueantly], Iciclepaw jolted awake. "Cri- Cricketpaw?" Oh. Right- Iciclepaw kinda forgot that the bengal she-cat was former RiverClan. A spark of anger was quick to ignite, and in return- quick to be drowned. Am I any better than the golden tabby if I go blaming random cats? Again though, the memory of the fallen repeated itself. Dogspirit, .. Applepaw, Rainywhisker- Buckstar. All slain out of anger and sorrow,, maybe Lionstorm was a good cat once- but now,.. I'm not completely sure... . She gave an appreciative nod of her head, thoughts still stirring though.

Wait- what was going to go fast?!? When the plants all the suddenly poped up, green eyes stared at them in astorneshemnt. Who knew StarClan cats could do that? Then again, there where a lot of things she still didn't know- and a lot of things she just learned in a few moments...

... The former medic apprintice seemed to be racing through the herbs as fast a monester on a Thunderpath [not that she had ever seen one of course, but the stories always emphasised how much speed they had...] Her mind racing to piece it all togeather, it took a few moments for Iciclepaw to even regonize Crickepaw had stopped to take a break. Burnet for strength, burnert for strength- chew and swallow,,, long stem, flower bud on top- The burdock root seemed important as well- Stars, all herbs were probably important by definition! She didn't know when they would be battling rats- if ever- but she did sincerly hope it wouldn't be soon. Large root, too much hurts ,, good for rat bites and overall infections-

It didn't look like the break was lasting long though- "Thank you so very much-" she quickly meowed before giving another supprised expression at the two new flowers. Tansy.. bright, yellow buds- cuts and wounds.. oh dear, I hope I don't confuse this with marigold- Then there was chamomile- eatting a plant whole sounded like a strange task- why not chew? But Iciclepaw didn't bother asking, it was enough work to try and memorise things on a tired mind. "Th- that really helped.. I think I got it all.. if you have more I'll try my best to take it in..." Sunhowl seemed ready to go at least-

[ @spade @Exis]