View Single Post
Old December 6th, 2017, 09:32 PM
Sigh...

My Mood: Hopeful

Default Re: SkyClan Medicine Cat's Den

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyra-Wolfe-666 View Post
Petalstorm chewed the leaves up into her wound and winced a little. It stung at first, but after a few seconds the pain melted away. She chuckled in amusement at the tom's joke. "My kits are four moons old. And don't worry about the assuming thing. I don't really mind."
"No point in offering you some borage leaves then. They're eating freshkill and pestering you about when they get to be apprentices by now," Shinefang remarked, whiskers twitching good naturedly. Not for the first time, the old tom wondered what it would have been like to get to watch his own kits grow up. While his mate was in the nursery with a swollen belly, and a tired but happy glow of expecting motherhood, he had wondered what it would be like to watch them make nests in the apprentice den, pick fleas off the elders, earn their warrior names. He's sure he would have been filled with enough pride to burst. But all of those happy moments had died along with his mate and kits. "What are their names again?" Shinefang asked, feeling a little more chatty than normal. Maybe it was nice to bask in just a little ray of life as a parent. Just for a minute.