View Single Post
Old December 5th, 2017, 10:06 PM
Sigh...

My Mood: Hopeful

Default Re: SkyClan Territory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duskflight View Post
At the joke, the leader chuckled out and shook his head lightly. "I'm not sure if handsome would be the best word to describe me, I appreciate the compliment however, they'd likely more or less see me as annoying! I know I've heard that one plenty of times." Watching the medicine cat continue to struggle with the root, he halfway wondered why he hadn't offered his help yet. But by the time he was getting ready to offer it, he had pulled it out of the ground himself. Always getting lost in conversation aren't you? His mind teased, causing him to roll his eyes with a small laugh to himself; which might have seemed a bit odd considering there had been no conversational ques to elicit such a reaction. But then it disappeared as he was brought back into the conversation, muting himself so that he could hear Shinefang properly. His eyes glanced over with a gentle look, ready to look away if the medicine seemed uncomfortable under his gaze. Slowly his head would nod and he would glance at the ground. While he couldn't relate to that pain, for even Grousestar hardly knew what love was, he understood what the older tom meant by needing to know more so that he could try to prevent this from happening to any other cat.
"Right!" Eager to move away from the pain he had caused, he mentally cursed himself from bringing it up in the first place. "So that was chervil. What other little plants are you on the hunt for today? Or are you just going around seeing what you can find?" He mentally marked the location where they were leaving the root, something he was actually pretty decent now; the leader was beginning to know this territory like the back of his paw, especially considering he was out walking and hunting in it almost every day.
"Bit of both," Shinefang said as he padded on. "A few herbs I noticed here and there while out hunting or patrolling, but I didn't exactly commit their location to memory unless I knew what they were. And besides, now that I'm able to look at what Ebonyfrost left behind in her den, I know what she kept in her stores. I may not know how to use all of it, but I at least know what it looks and smells like now. But I am wondering about one plant in particular: I only know of one catmint plant in the territory. But it was dangerously close to the Dusk Syndicate border. And it was a scrawny plant at that. But we'll need catmint for leafbare. If there isn't enough, I may need to go with some warriors to twoleg place. It sometimes grows in their gardens." That would not be the first time Shinefang had gone on such a journey. When he was an apprentice an his mother was deathly ill with the greencough, he had blatantly disobeyed his mentor and left camp in the middle of a blizzard to find more. He had found the precious herb, but the journey had cost him his right eye when he got cornered and attacked by a kittypet. And in the end, he hadn't made it back in time to save his mother. "Hopefully it'll go better than last time. I'm running out of eyes," he said chuckling. Shinefang paused to give the air a sniff, but noticing nothing of note, he kept talking. "How is leadership treating you, Grousestar?"

Last edited by Charmer; December 5th, 2017 at 10:10 PM.