View Single Post
Old December 7th, 2017, 09:15 PM
Lovable Cannibal

My Mood: Twisted

Default Re: SkyClan Territory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmer View Post
"Bit of both," Shinefang said as he padded on. "A few herbs I noticed here and there while out hunting or patrolling, but I didn't exactly commit their location to memory unless I knew what they were. And besides, now that I'm able to look at what Ebonyfrost left behind in her den, I know what she kept in her stores. I may not know how to use all of it, but I at least know what it looks and smells like now. But I am wondering about one plant in particular: I only know of one catmint plant in the territory. But it was dangerously close to the Dusk Syndicate border. And it was a scrawny plant at that. But we'll need catmint for leafbare. If there isn't enough, I may need to go with some warriors to twoleg place. It sometimes grows in their gardens." That would not be the first time Shinefang had gone on such a journey. When he was an apprentice an his mother was deathly ill with the greencough, he had blatantly disobeyed his mentor and left camp in the middle of a blizzard to find more. He had found the precious herb, but the journey had cost him his right eye when he got cornered and attacked by a kittypet. And in the end, he hadn't made it back in time to save his mother. "Hopefully it'll go better than last time. I'm running out of eyes," he said chuckling. Shinefang paused to give the air a sniff, but noticing nothing of note, he kept talking. "How is leadership treating you, Grousestar?"
"Well then that's a good start I suppose! And I'm sure with Daydream helping you out, you'll be able to know those plants pretty well." Curling the tip of his tail in the air, he'd continue to listen to what Shinefang had to say before he caught something that intrigued him. Looking over as them medicine cat mentioned catmint 'dangerously close' to the Syndicate border and then going on to saying that he would have to travel all the way to twoleg place to get some more. It was a dangerous and long trek to get to the twoleg place, and Grousestar didn't like the thought of his new medicine cat, even if he was previously a warrior, traveling all that way, even with a patrol. It was just not a risk he wanted to take. "You know Shine, if you don't mind me calling you that... I do think it would be safe for you to go into the former Syndicate's territory by now. Actually, I think that would be a fantastic idea to try and salvage the herbs they have left behind because surely they must have had some sort of healers in their group. Maybe you'll be able to get catmint more safely there than having to travel all the way to twoleg place." Ever since that battle at the gathering, when they did completely destroy the Syndicate and left it's remains to scatter completely, his mind has been on that vacant territory. Skyclan could use the extra land for its herbs, and even its prey. Maybe he should send a few hunting patrols out to test the waters...
Blinking out of his thoughts as Shinefang started talking again, he'd look over just as the medicine cat was chuckling, having missed what he said but chuckling along with him as if he had heard.
"Oh hm. It's fine, most of the time, though I do worry sometimes about my decision making. There's a lot more pressure with it when a whole clan is resting on your shoulders." He said with what might have been made out as a wince, but he was looking away so it would be hard to really tell what the look had been.

Credit to the wonderful Endless on WCO for my profile picture! Wonderful picture of Hannibal <3
Hannibal's Den
Character Site

Help me hatch my egg?