View Single Post
Old April 15th, 2019, 02:35 PM
Amor Omnia Vincit

My Mood: Angelic

Default Re: SkyClan Training Plateau

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta View Post
Glazepaw nodded and awkwardly shuffled his paw into a better position. He could feel himself trembling as this position became awkward to hold for a long period of time. He tensed his muscles, willing his shakiness to go away. He couldn't become a better warrior with shaky legs. He had gotten noticeably stronger in the six moons he'd been an apprentice--he had grown not only in height, but he also filled out his fluffy coat better. He was still skinny and lanky, but now he beginning to come close to Owlflame's height. "Thank you, Owlflame," he replied. He stood up, shaking out his legs and taking a deep breath. With a quick shake of his head, he stated firmly, "No, let's go!" He had been waiting and working for what seemed like forever to become a warrior, and he was ready. He jumped into a fighting stance, waiting for Owlflame.
Owlflame smirked - a competitive but playful smirk - as she lowered herself down into a more appropriate attacking position. Being on the attack was much easier for her, and it gave Glazepaw a more challenging task of defeating her whilst also trying to keep himself protected. "You ready?" As soon as she got the young tom's confirmation, she lunged toward him, her large pelt bristling to make her seem even larger than normal. She landed at his side (she decided landing on top of him may, in fact, be a little too dangerous, given her size and weight) and took a swipe at him, keeping her claws sheathed but opening her paw up to ensure whatever blow she could deliver still packed a punch. Glazepaw was getting big, he was no longer the small and meagre kit she had played with in the Skyclan clearing. I certainly couldn't carry him on my back as I once did... A reminiscent smile lit up her pale features, her golden eyes were thin and concentrated but at that moment her back legs were completely unbalanced, it wouldn't be much for Glazepaw to knock her over entirely - it seemed that big scary Owlflame had one weakness, and it was her ability to lose herself in memories of the past.