View Single Post
Old February 19th, 2018, 07:29 PM
stardust memories

My Mood: Inspired

Default Re: WindClan Clearing

Quote:
Originally Posted by king kaleb! View Post
larkfall was trying. that was the only word for it right now. he was trying.

with the battle cuckoosnarl had seemed busy. larkfall was thankful for that. he padded into the clearing, large green eyes looking around nervously. was he here? was he going to yell at him for sneaking out with a friend? he controlled him. he really did. larkfall could speak, couldnt even glance at another cat with cuckoo said not to. there were countless scars on his body to prove that. he was doing it out of love, larkfall would reassure himself. he was doing it out of love, larkfall would say to himself as he was beaten another time. he was doing it out of love, larkfall cried to defend cuckoosnarl when friends to try to pull him away from him. but did he really love him? after all, he was even scared to see him when standing in the clearing. because he would get so close that his slimy breath would make his eyes water out of pure fear, his pelt would smell like another tom he was meeting. did he really love larkfall? who knew. but that didnt matter, because larkfall would love him endlessly.

anyway, as he stood in the clearing the same thoughts ran through his head. where was he? was he here? was he going to spot him? but he felt his anxiety wilt when he didnt spot cuckoosnarl any where in the clearing, lettin gout the breath he didnt know he was holding. while looking over the clearing he noticed a cat alone, probably apprentice by the looks of it, sitting alone. larkfall never liked to see cats alone! his nervous demenor shed itself as he basically bounced over to the so called jaypaw, a bright smile on his face that held back more emotions then you could count. he let out a small chirp in greeting,"Hi there! i saw you alone, and i just thought id keep you company. do you mind?"
Surprise was an understatement to describe exactly what Jaypaw was feeling as another WindClanner - a warrior, rather - approached him in a positive manner. It was a rare occasion that such joy was expressed when interacting with the apprentice that for a brief moment his content expression faltered. Who was this warrior, and why was he speaking as if Jaypaw hadn't been the most talked about cat just a few moons ago? Curiously, he turned his head so he could get a better look at Larkfall, his happy demeanor and bouncy step telling Jaypaw it couldn't just be him causing it. Perhaps he's just happy, he thought to himself, a concept he had a hard time believing in so soon after a tragic battle that had left many injured, and a few even dead. "T-That's perfectly alright," he replied, concealing his shock once more with a smile and a courteous dip of his head. "I'm Jaypaw, by the way. And you are?" He'd seen the warrior around, but didn't quite know each cat by name.

As he waited for the answer from his new companion, Jaypaw's mind couldn't help but wander to the other warriors of the Clan. Was the a possible turning point? Had his decision to stay out of the battle increased the likelihood of his Clanmates trusting him? Or, perhaps it had the opposite effect, and this was only a cover that Larkfall had - once ripped away, he would sneer at Jaypaw, threatening to shred his pelt "into a million little fluff pieces" like others had when discussing his heritage. That thought made him a bit cautious of why this WindClan warrior had approached him, but it had been a long time since Jaypaw had been greated kindly by a warrior other than his father. I'll take what I can get, and offer the benefit of the doubt he thought to himself, his expression not betraying his thoughts. Just like how I would want.