Thread: Icy Heartlands
View Single Post
Old August 18th, 2020, 12:20 AM
Queen of Pinnepeds

Status: Neck deep in wild animals at work and reports at Uni!
Bump Policy: 5-7 days before bumping please, Ive got work lol
My Mood: Sleepy

Default Re: New ShadowClan Territory

Adderfang kept a brisk pace only occasionally looking back to make sure Marigoldpaw was following. Adderfang was happy to have a new apprentice and dedicated to making sure she did well but she also subscribed to a rather difficult method of learning. Tough love and work until you drop. Eventually, finally she came to a halt turning and sitting expecting her apprentice to snap to attention now. It was time to begin.

"Hunting is the most basic form of work you will be doing to support your clan and yet the most vital. Every piece of prey you've ever eaten was the result of work and training by the apprentices and warriors of the clan, and now its your turn. There are a few rules any good warrior follows while hunting to keep their mind clear. First you must treat every prey with the respect it deserves, its life sustains the clan. Second never waste prey, do not hunt more than you need or can carry, while it is ok to burry prey for later and retrieve it do not leave it to rot. And finally, never hunt for only yourself." This last one she emphasised with a stern glare, letting her intimidating gaze bore into Marigoldpaws "You hunt for the clan, not yourself. Bring all prey back and only eat when you ensure the clan has you are no longer a kit to get this handed to you. We will not begin until I am certain you understand these ideas so repeat them back and tell me why you think they exist."

Adderfang was serious about this she didn't have to go through this with the older Croakingtoad but this apprentice was a kit recently and these ideas were best learned young. The warrior was disgusted with the degradation of morals in shadowclan of late and while she couldn't do much now she could teach Marigoldpaw right. The large molly was a cat of honour and dedication and was determined to pass that down right.

@Wolfgirl8